five | bloodwater

this is a part of a double update, read chapter four first <3

𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠: 𝐉𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐀𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐮𝐫 - 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐖𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐤

I changed into an oversized black T-shirt with a graphic design at the front and some dark gray biker leggings

I saw a couple of my men scattered around being invisible.

Walking inside the Fightclub I heard the distinctive bell above the door.
The gym had an old-school vibe to it.
Hews of brown and beige with pops of black, blue, and red. Some neon signs are on the wall to match the one outside.

Photos of different legal fights were on the walls along with posters of famous boxers and of course in the middle was a huge mega poster of Rocky, sighed by Silvester Stallone with the quote Asa lived by.

"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place, and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and
keep you there permanently if you let it.
You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done
Now if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that!"

I saw the lights inside his office on and walked towards it. Right beside it was a hidden metal door that only opened on certain underground events.

"Asa," I shouted. "Your favorite person is here."
"I brought food! Your favorite!"
Well, mine but that's beside the point.

I pushed the door open, and the color drained from my face.

No.

No.

No.

No!

The desk was flipped and pushed on one wall there was blood on the floor and broken glass and wood and metal casings scattered everywhere.
Bullets-
So many bullets.
Oh God!

I reached and grabbed one of the casings and examined it. It was still warm meaning all this happened a while ago. At the bottom was a star engraved.

Not just any star. An eight-point star.
The Russian bratva insignia.

No no no no no.
This couldn't be happening.

I called Drystan and Cassian on a merged call the second my brain started working again.
C: Hey. He sounds groggy, sleepy
D: What the hell do you want? Do you even know what time is it?
Me: Where the hell I he? I shouted at the top of my lungs trying to hold back my tears.
C: What's the matter?
D: What happened?
Me: I want all the footage you can find from around the Fightclub. I want every single guard questioned and I want a DNA test on the blood.
I tried to control my sobs but one escaped.
C: Lia what happened? What blood?
D: Where are you?
Me: I'm at the Fightclub. There is so much blood and the star.
Another one leaves my mouth.
They took him. The Russians took him.
They took Asa.
D: I'll be there in ten.
C: Me too.
Me: okay.
It sounded so small. So helpless.