sixty-two | hostage

𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠: 𝐁𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐞 𝐄𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐡 - 𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐞 

TRIGGER WARNINGS!!! PLEASE READ WITH CAUTION FROM NOW ON!!!

Accalia Morelli

I woke with a gasp, sweat clinging to my skin, my heart pounding from the nightmare that had just haunted me. It was more of a memory that turned into a nightmare. Speaking about Maeve brought back a few unwanted memories. Atticus stirred beside me, rubbing soothing circles on my back. "shhh, you are okay, you are here with me" he spoke, his voice filled with concern.

Tears welled up in my eyes as I tried to shake off the remnants of the nightmare. I didn't let them fall. Why couldn't I dream about the good memories? What was so wrong with my brain that it had to sabotage itself?

"It's nothing, just a bad dream," I managed to say, my voice shaky. Atticus pulled me into his arms, holding me tightly. "do you want to talk about it" he whispered, his words a soothing balm to my frayed nerves. He kissed the side of my head.

Feeling his warmth and hearing his voice, I began to relax in his embrace. I was so tired from last night, the talk with Ales this morning, and later on my talk with Roman that I needed some sleep in the middle of the day. I even had set an alarm clock to wake up and greet everyone before they left. And specifically glare at Roman for not letting me join.

"it was from the day Maeve died," I murmured, my voice barely above a whisper. "But it shifted to tomorrow's attack. And it wasn't good." Everything went to shit in my night terror.

"Nothing is going to happen tomorrow. Roman's plan is perfectly safe. He even has three backup plans if something goes sideways. Everything is going to be alright, and we will be back in two days and everything will be over" he reassured me. Roman had thought of everything for that attack. I checked the plans myself. There wasn't a slightest chance I would let them go otherwise.

Sensing that I needed something to help me calm down further, Atticus suggested, "How about a bath? It might help you relax."

I nodded, grateful for his suggestion. He lifted me bridal style and led me to my ensuite bathroom. He placed me on the cold counter by the sink and left me with a soft kiss. The cold was grounding and a contrast to my hot skin.

I watched Atticus fill the tub with warm water and add some soothing bath oils. As the tub filled, he came back to me. "may I?" he asked referring to my clothes. I nodded with a small smile I managed to master. I loved that he always asked for my consent.

"Let me take care of you" he smiled, his eyes filled with warmth. His fingers found the hem of my oversized t-shirt and lifted it over my head. My panties followed next. He cradled me in his arms and gently placed me in the warm water.

The warmth spread throughout my body and my muscles relaxed. I felt some of the tension leave my body as my body was submerged in the water.

"Join me?" I breathed out in a low voice.