twenty-four | beach

trigger warning: mention od IED

𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐍𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐝 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡

It was late at night, and I was turning around in my hospital bed

It was late at night, and I was turning around in my hospital bed. I didn't know whether nurse Diana forgot my sleeping medication or if that shit didn't affect me anymore.

My body felt tired and fed up with me.

But my mind raced.

When I woke up last night in the hospital, Imani was sitting near the window. But when Rosalyn hugged me for dear life, I lost sight of her, and when I looked once more, she was gone. Flowing in the wind once more.

Everybody reassured me that they weren't mad at me.

They cared.

I had people who cared.

I tried to believe that, but I feared the worst.

They all got back home to rest as visiting hours were over and only one person could be left behind.

Leonardo took it upon himself to say behind. Or rather argued with Levias on who was to stay behind. Roman had to separate them before the situation escalated into a fight.

Was I surprised? Yes.

He found me Rosalyn told me and I didn't know how to feel about that also.

I was starting to not feel.

Emotions never aligned well with me.

Leonardo was down at the cafeteria getting some coffee for himself. I wasn't allowed coffee. Or normal food that had any taste whatsoever. I wanted some chocolate pudding, but of course, there wasn't any. And frankly, my stomach wouldn't keep it down at the moment.

It sucked to put it plain and simple.

A tear slipped down my cheek and then another followed as I thought of last night.

How I saw her everywhere I looked. How hopeless I felt having her there but was unable to touch her. I would give anything just to hug her one more time. One last time.

I couldn't even go to her funeral even if there was one. Asa and Rosalyn thought we were kidnapped. They didn't know she had died in my arms. They didn't know about the month that followed. They still had hope. There wasn't even a body in the alley. Not Imani's and not from the men I killed that night. I told Asa and Rosalyn about her when I woke up in the hospital ten days later. And vaguely told them about the month after that. I still remember their faces when I told them the devastating news.

A knock on the door and Leonardo entered. His loose light brown curls framed his face and his eyes. He had on a black hoodie, with the hood drawn over his head.

FightclubOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara