sixty | betrayal

TW

𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠: 𝐌𝐢𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐞𝐥 𝐒𝐜𝐡𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐞 - 𝐅𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐀𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭

My bed was occupied to the brim of its abilities. The huge ass teddy Atticus stole for me was finally out of the closet I hid it for obvious reasons until two days ago. The thing was heavier than me and almost the same height.

In my mind, I named him Darren, or for short-

Big D

Big D was on my right side, my back was on the soft material and my head was using its fluffy hand as a pillow. Down at my feet between Darren and I laid my other baby. Diablo was snoring currently sleeping on cloud nine. He was on his back and his back was arched. One leg was bent and the other was extended as if he was recreating the creation of Adam by Michelangelo.

He was just a big baby. My scary baby. He would be four in the summer. In July specifically and according to the vet, I took him back to New York when I first found him.

Lastly on my left and using me as a pillow was my other half.

Atticus was laying next and half over me. Our legs were tangled under the light sheet and his head was laying over my boobs. I realized he did that quite often after I revealed to him the cause of the scar over my heart. That and the fact he liked my boobs. He was no stranger to bullet wounds. Hell, he even had three or four that had scared.

In a way having him so close to my heart gave me comfort. I needed him. And he needed me. He had managed in so little time to do the impossible. And I was grateful for the ways he made me feel.

'Feelings will be your downfall' I shook my head at the sudden memory.

After that month in Flynn's organization and then all the surgeries and procedures that were needed to put my body back together, I thought I was a lost cause. Regarding getting emotionally attached to anyone.

Asa, Drystan, and Cassian were different. It took time to turn me into the talkative old me. And any relationship I had with the male species was borderline terrifying. The simplest touch would make me want to scratch my skin raw.

There were days I only wanted to be held by Asa and there were days I would lock myself in a dark room and curl myself into the smallest ball to avoid any communication or contact with the real world.

But they brought me back. All of them: Rose, Asa, D and Cass. They put the pieces of my lost heart together and now Atticus was aligning them.

In one of my latest sessions with Lidia I realized she was right, (of course, she was) I wanted to control every situation. It provided me with the reassurance and power I needed to keep going.

And Atticus did just that. He helped me take back what I lost. He gave me control.

Running my hand through his dark curls I found a bigger one and waved my finger through the loop. He was sleeping. Slightly snoring like Diablo.