thirty-six | cupcake

trigger warnings: mentions of past trauma and child abuse

𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠: 𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐬𝐞𝐲 - 𝐆𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞

'Coma' they said.

'We don't know when he will wake up' they said.

'He is stable, he lost a lot of blood, the bullet however was embedded in his spleen and we had to remove it in order to stop the bleeding. We had to perform a splenectomy. He will be fine. His immune system just needs to rest due to the trauma his body endured. There is nothing to worry about.' They said.

Roman thanked the doctor and the latter excused himself.

I held Rosalyn's hand in a tight grip with my right hand over our thighs. As if my life depended on it. My left arm hugged my left tight in a tight hold as my head rested on it. She was in shock from everything that happened. She wasn't speaking. I wasn't either. But I held her hand and she rubbed soothing circles on the back of my palm with her thumb.

He was going to be okay.

He was alive.

He was alive and he was going to be okay.

Any words I had in my throat were blocked by my heart when I saw Marcelo covered in blood. Levias blood. My Levi's blood.

We were sitting in the waiting room for what seemed like an eternity before the doctor walked out. His scrubs had a few red stains on them. Just a few droplets. But I saw.

My twin's blood.

He talked with Roman and Alessandro mostly.

Haley was with Duke in another room. Haley was being monitored and so was the baby. They both had a strong heartbeat but they wanted to keep them for observation.

The triplets were checked and patched by Alessandro. He tried to take me first but I couldn't move. I let my hold down.

So he sighed and went and checked everyone else first. Ezra had a split brow and a black eye and Mateo wore a split lip and a yellowish jaw. Romeo was granting and puffing finding it hard to get comfortable and breathe fine with bruised ribs.

The twins were barely bruised. Both had red hand marks on their arms. My eyes trailed up the sleeve of Rosalyn's sweater. There was a red angry mark showing from being manhandled. Seraphina had the same fate but with a sprained wrist as well.

Roman and Sebastian were indifferent to their injuries. Did they even feel?

And the same was with Leo and Marcelo.

Only this time Leonardo was sitting on my left and wouldn't even leave my side. Roman had to drag him to the next room to get treated.

As he came out fifteen minutes later I heard him talk on the phone with Atticus. And apparently, the latter was coming back.