thirty-eight | incantesimi

Double update!!!

Read chapter 37 first <3

You asked for extra chapter, and you shall receive

𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠: 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐒𝐚𝐛𝐛𝐚𝐭𝐡 - 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐢𝐝

Mario Lavalette wasn't a man I wanted to have business with

Mario Lavalette wasn't a man I wanted to have business with. I didn't need him mingling in my business. He was a liability. Too temperamental and acted like he owned the place where in fact his mafia was about to crumble to bits after he lost the alliance with the Germans.

But the fat asshole was sitting across from me. Drinking my whiskey and acted like he was selling me tons of gold. When in reality he was trying to marry his daughter off.

I wasn't interested.

The vision laying next to me last night naked and wrapped in my arms was the only one I wanted.

The diamond ring in my bottom drawer proved it.

I wouldn't lie that an alliance with him may be helpful in the future. Especially against Igor and Flynn.

"I don't like to repeat myself" I spoke. I was bored and I showed it.

Ciro was barely holding it in behind his bank face.

The asshole was enjoying this.

"Our transactions will be strictly for shipments. I don't care about your daughter."

"I don't understand what the problem is," his French accent was irritating me. "It will only strengthen the treaty; an arranged marriage isn't irrational. Think about it"

I gulped the rest of my whiskey; I looked him straight in the eye. A droplet of sweat appeared on his eyebrow. He was a bullet away from my piece of mind.

He was desperate, and it was evident. In the slight shake of his voice from time to time. In the way, he was clenching and unclenching his left fist. In his eyes as they looked between me and Ciro as if the latter would help him convince me.

He needed the alliance more than I needed it and he was aware of that.

"You either agree to my terms or not. We both know you need the treaty or else your days are numbered. You chose Mario, but my offer is limited time only."

He didn't have any other choice.

Smaller mafias or gangs weren't going to help him.

The Yakusa was out of the question.

The Spanish and the Americans had an alliance with us.

Flynn betrayed him. Which put the Russians out of the question too.

The Irish had gone off the grid years ago.

He thought for a moment before he stood up and extended his hand toward me.