thirty-three | one stitch

trigger warning: violence

𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠: 𝐉𝐞𝐟𝐟 𝐁𝐞𝐜𝐤 - 𝐋𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐈𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐤

Light wasn't what I expected to feel after being vengeful. Making peace with my broken pieces felt fulfilling. Light. As the wind was blowing on me my mind emptied which made me think only of one thing. That I had only two more people left on my kill list. Igor and Flynn would be next.

When I came back home I didn't expect Alessandro to wait for me. In my room with the lights out. Like a fucking ghost that came to haunt me from the dead I visited a few hours ago.

"You scared me!" I exclaimed with a hand over my heart. The muscle was beating like crazy.

"And you scared me when I opened the door, and you were nowhere to be found." He said back with a small glare. I took off my scarf. I had left my helmet on my bike in the garage.

"Touché!" I said back and he shook his head.

"Where were you?" He asked as I unzipped my leather jacket.

"Um- not here?" I said with a smile, avoiding his eyes.

"Nice one, you should be proud." He sarcastically remarked. "Should I call Roman?" Ales added starting to walk out the door.

"No! No don't do that!" I exclaimed.

He chuckled at my antics but got serious, "nightmare?" he kindly asked. Looking more concerned now than before.

He cared, "No," I shook my head and looked him in the eyes, "I went to see Mom." I said truthfully in a low voice. A small sad smile had formed on my face.

"Oh tesoro, you could have asked anyone, and we would have taken you." He hugged me and I tensed for a second but let him. I wrapped my arms around him and buried my face in his chest. He smelled of citrus and woody vanilla. Very calm.

"I wanted to go by myself," I admitted. Mumbling in his sweater.

His arms tightened around me when I spoke. "It's okay, it helps a little knowing you are the best fighter in the underworld." He joked and only earned a small punch to his stomach.

"stop" I whined and chuckled.

"What?" he smirked, "it's true!"

"I will punch you harder Ales! I swear!"

"Ok, feisty one!" He lifted his arms in a surrendering gesture.

I glared at him. "Did you want something?"

He thought for a moment before speaking. "I got you something to try if you want." He started, he reached into his pocket, and took out a white bottle. "Here," he handed me it and I took it.

I shook the small bottle slightly and the rattling of pills came to my ear.

"They are sleeping pills." I stared at the bottle in my hands. The shaking had finally stopped "See if they help you more than yours. Try them for three days, only one should be enough" He instructed, and I nodded.