twenty five | long-sleeves

𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠: 𝐁𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐞 𝐄𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐡 - 𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐞

The sun woke me up when morning came, but Leonardo's phone did the trick with the non-stop notifications

The sun woke me up when morning came, but Leonardo's phone did the trick with the non-stop notifications. Mine was- I didn't know where it was. Probably at the hospital.

"Wake up!" I pushed him, and he grumbled, pushing me away. Another notification, "Leo!" I mumbled, pushing his face the other way.

"Stop." He said sleepily. His voice was deeper, almost like a growl.

I guessed he wasn't a morning person.

That made two of us.

But that damn phone.

It had fallen from his pocket and was on the towel between us. I grabbed it and looked at the contact who was calling him. My hands still shook a bit. The trembling was better than yesterday. Nurse Diana told me it should pass within a few days. A week tops.

"Who is bj Becky?" I questioned watching the lit screen. I felt disgusted but he woke up so fast. It was like he never slept.

He snatched the phone from my hand, "Gimme that," and turned it off. "We never speak of this again!" He pressed on.

"What time is it?" I asked. I didn't look at the time when I grabbed his phone. From looking around the area and the sun which was almost vertically above our heads. I would say it must have been around noon, a bit earlier a bit later.

Another phone call made Leonardo groan. He answered and Roman's voice sounded as if he was next to us.

"Where the fuck are you?" Roman's tone was harsh. He was certainly angry. "Is Lia with you? She is not in the hospital."

"Didn't you tell him?" I whispered to Leo so Roman couldn't hear me. Leo shook his head.

"I will be back in half an hour," Leo said and hung up on Roman.

Such splendid morning this was turning out.

I looked at him as he pocketed his phone and turned his gaze to me. "We better go they are looking for you." He calmly said.

"You think?" I stared at him nonchalantly. "Why didn't you tell him?" I asked. We aged Roman and Sebastian enough as it was. And let's not start with Duke and Haley.

From what I had heard I thought Duke would be the strict type of parent. One who would shout at the first chance. I didn't think anything worse than that. I wouldn't let it happen again. Or get to that point again. I escaped a house like that. More like four.

However, he is cool. The cool uncle. He values our safety more than anything else. And our happiness. The fact that he sweet-talked his wife out of our planned punishment for the wild party we threw proved it.

I caught him watching the video with the tree once.

And Haley. She is sweet, powerful, feisty, kind, and kind of badass with her rolling pin. Everything I ever hoped a mother would be and more. Which made me wonder if my mother, Donatella, was like that. I hadn't asked anything about her. But from what I gathered by the way everyone spoke about her, she must have been. I would give anything to meet her just once. Even for just a second. A hug perhaps.