41: School Festival Comes

Izuku's routine stayed the same for the most part for the coming month. He would wake up, get ready for school, train, pick up Eri from Nezu, and once a week they would help Eri gain control of her quirk. He of course did play games with the child when he had a chance. His friends would join in more than not at goofing off with the Eri. Usually, it would be board games with Eri learning how to play as they went along. Bit by bit, Eri began to relax in the new environment of the dorms.

One day while Izuku was floating in the backyard with Eri at his side, Aizawa came to check on them. His homeroom teacher was kind to Eri but was more of a guardian than a parental figure to her. When she needed something, he would do his best to help. For Izuku, that was acceptable in her circumstances. It would be odd if he suddenly became fatherly to a child they had rescued somewhat recently. He was sure he had rescued plenty of other children without getting attached. It would become difficult to be a hero if every time he did save a kid, he would become fixated on them. That was something Izuku learned from his observation. When he saved a kid's life, he couldn't take them in as he had done with Eri. It would be unreasonable and unfeasible, he would have to come to accept that.

"Hi, Mr. Aizawa. Wanna join?" Eri lowered her book and asked him while floating next to Izuku. Her hair was tied into a braid thanks to Mina and Tsuyu otherwise it would be a mess with it all loose in low gravity.

Aizawa's lips quirked up a fraction but shook his head. "No, thank you, Eri. I came to talk to Midoriya for a moment." He nodded to Izuku who was watching him.

Eri nodded and Izuku set her down gently on her feet. "Go on and ask Denki to make you a snack." Izuku patted her head gently and smiled down at her.

Eri nodded and darted off into the kitchen in search of the electric-type user to make her food. Izuku smirked at seeing her run off but his smile dropped as he turned to Aizawa who was watching him carefully.

"You wished to talk." Izuku began.

He nodded after a moment. "How has she been doing outside of classes?"

The absorber thought for a moment and shrugged. "As well as you can imagine. She's adjusting well enough given her circumstances. She's getting used to being allowed to ask questions and other things she wasn't allowed to do before."

Aizawa took in his student's words and nodded. He paused for a moment before speaking. "The school festival is coming up." He said it in a too-casual way and grimaced slightly.

Izuku stared at the man for a long second. "Nezu told you to play nice, didn't he?" He couldn't see any other reason for the Hero to give him a heads-up about an upcoming event. The same hero who was renounced for his 'logical ruse' that caused so much grief in the past years. Aizawa didn't answer right away but finally nodded. "Why?" Izuku asked.

"The principal's mind is on a different level compared to us. I long stopped trying to figure out his thought process."

Izuku could think up a few reasons why Nezu would ask or order Aizawa to become more amenable. First and foremost would be so Izuku wouldn't become a threat to UA or Japan as a whole. He was very aware of the kind of devastation he could cause if he gave in to his darkest thoughts. Second, Nezu wants him as an ally he can call upon when needed. That would be an added benefit with reason one. Third, Nezu thinks Izuku could be a big enough power to stop an unknown enemy of Nezu. The League of Villians was still out there and so were All for One's old subordinates. Fourth, Nezu wanted to develop a friendship with Izuku. He discarded the last idea with a snort.

Instead of telling Aizawa his thoughts on Nezu's reasoning, he let it be for the time being. "Was there anything else you wanted to discuss?"

"That was all,"