Chapter 48

Sinn's POV...

"We're here, sir!" 

"Keep me on the line. Report everything you see and take pictures." 

"Yes, sir." Heavy breathing and multiple footsteps came through the line as I sat powerlessly, staring at the ground in a complete daze as I waited for them to get an idea of what was going on. 

"Oh, God." 

My heart dropped as I held the phone tighter, anxiously running my hands through my hair, "Find Jasmine first." 

"Yes, sir. There's approximately twenty-five injured and six dead, sir." 

"Fucking traitors!" I heard in the background and clenched my jaw, "Boss was-boss was right all along." 

I sighed, "Find my fucking wife! Now!" 

"She's not downstairs, sir. Neither is her father." He continued speaking as I blanked out in shock. What if he got her? What if she's really-

No. She's not. I told her to be careful. She's smart, she knows how to protect herself.

"Going upstairs now." He said. "Shit, over here guys." They all began walking towards whatever he found, groaning in disgust. Suddenly, a gunshot went off. 

"Get away!"

My eyes widened as I fell back against my seat in relief. 

She's alive. 

"Don't come near me!" 

"Jasmine, it's okay. We're not going to hurt you. We're here to help." One of my men said before she shot at them again.

"If you take another step, I'll kill you," She threatened with something other than fear laced in her voice. 

"Is she hurt?" I asked eagerly.

"No, sir," He whispered into the phone. "But-"

"We can't help him if you don't let us, Jasmine." 

Him? Who's him?

"He's already dead!" Her voice brought tears to my eyes. "He's dead...Oh God, he's dead." She cried helplessly. My knuckles turned white as I brought my hand into a fist and bit down on the inside of my cheek. 

For a while, they all stood there, watching her. The only sound coming through the line was her mournful cries.

I'm sorry, baby.

"Boss." 

"Is she hurt?" 

"No." 

"Leave her be. Don't talk to her but have someone watch her for the time being. Clean everything else up. I want the place spotless by the time I get there. Call the families of the men we lost. Take the others to the warehouse, I'll call in for more medical help." 

"What about the others, sir?" 

"Take them to the warehouse as well, dead or alive. Throw them into a cell and do background checks. I want each and every piece of information on them and their families. I want everyone involved six feet under within the next three days, you understand?" 

"Yes, Mr. Hyde." 

I ended the call and threw my phone onto the table in front of me. A bittersweet feeling stirred in the pit of my stomach. My princess is alive, she's not hurt. Not physically. Bringing her back from this is going to be hard. 

My knee bounced up and down anxiously as Kai and I rode the rest of the plane in harrowing silence. Every once in a while, we'd shift in our seats and sigh. Otherwise, my eyes were on the clock, waiting for the plane to finally land.