Chapter 16

Copyright © MarciMarie 2015

Wynter rode the elevator down to the lobby with another couple who recognized her as Shannon's ex fiancé. She ignored the whispers that followed her as she walked into busy lobby. She felt numb as she maneuvered through the crowd and everything became blurry. "Are you alright." She looked over at the door man Shaking her head yes. He pulled out an umbrella prepared to walk with her. "That won't be necessary." Walking out into the rain she hopped the rain drops camouflaged her tears. She jumped at the touch of a hand on her shoulder turning to see who it was. Her eyes met Chase's he had followed her down. "Ms. Layton, Mr. Rodriguez told me to see you safely to the airport." She turned away not wanting him to see her tears. She hated feeling vulnerable. "No. I'll be okay." She raised her hand a taxi pulled up. The door was opened before she could reach for it. "I've been instructed to keep an eye on you." He put her suit case inside. She followed. He held the door not closing it. She looked up at him. He had a regretful look on his face. " I trusted him Chase."

"I know." He closed the door. "Where too lady?"The driver asked. She reached in her bag for a tissue. "Can you give me a minute. Please."

"Sure hun but the meter is running." She searched through her bag a card fell out she retrieved it from the floor. Julian Salvatore . Did she dare call him. Deciding not to second guess herself she pulled out her cell and dialed the number. Julian here.

"Julian this is Wynter. I did a..." He cut her off. "I know who you are beautiful. I would never forget a face and body like yours." She laughed despite how she was feeling. "What's that ass done or should I even ask." Now she felt ridiculous calling a man she didn't even know. " I'm sorry for disturbing you."

"Where are you Wynter?" "In a cab, sitting outside the hotel." "Look I'm going to give you my address go to my apartment. I'll have the doorman let you okay." "Are you sure I don't want to be a burden." "It's no problem beautiful. I'll be there in a couple hours I have to finish up a shoot." "Thank you." Wynter wrote down the address then repeated to the driver who pulled off. She need time to think for some odd reason she knew she could trust Julian.

Tonio slide to the floor. His world was falling apart. Stupid mistakes were keeping him from having his happiness. "Tonio you ok man?" Bryant asked from the other side of the door.

"I'm fine man." He was lying to Bryant and himself he would never be alright without Wynter. Standing he held his bloody hand the same one he had busted up on Shannon. His throwing hand. Turning on the water he looked at the damage the water felt like fire on his skin and he could close his hand. It looked bad blood was coming out everywhere. "Shit." He was so screwed if he broke it. Grabbing a towel from the rack he rapped his hand. The blood was soaking through. "Bryant ." He yelled. "Call Derek to bring the car around I'm have to go to the hospital." Tonio watch as the door was pushed open with a thud. The big guy looked at the blood soaked towel. Than at the mirror. "What the fuck Tonio." Bryant shouted in the phone bring the car around back now it's an emergency. Yes the fucking back." Tonio watched him place the phone in his pocket. "Tony where going down the back elevator less exposure."

It was like everything was moving in slow motion Tony thought he didn't even feel the pain anymore. "Man you could have fucked up your career." They walked out the suite toward the back elevators. He watched Bryant pull out his phone again. "Call Chase."

"What's up."

"Tony busted his hand on a mirror."

"Fuck. Put me on speaker?"

"Your On."

"Fuck it. Tony don't start that crazy shit. The situation is already fucked up Were you body guards not your babysitters ." Chased shouted.

"I'm straight man just had a moment." He took a breath. Chase was right punching the mirror was stupid. "Did she make to the airport?" Tonio didn't like quiet that came from the other end. "Chase is she okay." All kinds of shit crossed his mind with that fucking Ieshia out there running wild.

"She's fine."

"Then why do you sound like something's wrong."

"Fuck Tonio. She's with that photographer."

Tonio leaned back against the elevator wall. His woman was with that bastard Julian.