Chapter Eighteen

Copyright © Marci Marie 2016

Eight hours seemed like eight years. He couldn't keep from looking at the clock on the other side of the holding cell. The officers sitting at their desk typing, talking, drinking coffee and eating donuts didn't give a damn about anyone in the cell to them they were criminals him included.. He and his cellmates had been offered nothing but cheese sandwiches in the last eight hours . No special treatment was given to him forget being the lead quarterback for Dragon's it didn't matter he was like every other Joe Shmoe in here . he hated even sitting down on the bench the whole cell smelled of urine and vomit and the toilet looked like it had not been cleaned since they placed it in the cell. He had physically searched, fingerprinted and had his mug shot taken. His cheese sandwich he gave to a skinny dude in the corner who was picking his nose and looked like he hadn't eaten in weeks. Besides the lack of comfort the guys he shared the cell with were cool . They were all fans of the team and wanted to see the team win a superbowl this year.. The big question they all wanted to know was how he got behind bars. The officer who had the pleasure of arresting him said his so called childhood friend Selena was accusing him of assault but he hadn't seen or touched her since she kissed him in the morning. So why would she lie? He wonder adjusting his position on the hard ass bench. "Hey I heard you kicked you girlfriends ass. " A big guy with a bald head that looked like he could be a lumberjack said from the corner.

"What the fuck did she do man?"

" I bet she kept running off at her trap until he socked her one." Another inmate answered.

Defending himself Tonio looked from one to the other." I didn't touch her."

"Then how you get them busted knuckles dude?"

"It was an accident. I punched a mirror this morning." It irked him that he had to keeping defending himself.

Tonio watched as the big guy laughed out loud. "Yeah right, I would say that to if I were you."

Tonio looked around the cell he shared with four other guys. They all shook their heads in agreement. This was a disaster. One minute he's making up with Wynter the next minute he's getting booked for assault. His fucking hand hurt and he had a headache. And right now he didn't know whether it was the toilet or the guys he shared that stank like shit. Standing up he began to pace from one end of the cell to the next. He wondered what Wynter was doing. Right now they could be in b\\\ed having makeup sex instead he was in a stinking cell with four other men.

"Mr. Rodriguez it's time to go your being released." Tonio turned looking at the officer who was opening the cell door. Dressed in all black the man was built like a linebacker. Tonio gave the guys in the cell a smile and a wave good bye as relief washed over him as he walked ahead of the officer who directed him down along dreary hallway.

Stopping at a brown door the officer turned the knob opening the door. Tonio entered to be greeted by Peter, Olga and another guy in a black suit. A table sat in the center of the floor four chairs two on either side. " You ok Tonio?" Peter and Olga asked Peter giving him a pat on the back and Olga a hug as the man in the suit held out his hand and introduced himself as Mason Greenworth his attorney ."

"Hi now what the hell is going on?" The lawyer gestured for him to take a seat as he did along with Peter. "Mrs. Ortez said you assaulted her today then changed up and said she was in a fight with another girl after questioning from a detective got too intense for her."

" I only saw her this morning. I never touched her she kissed me and that was it." Tonio looked at the man pleading his case.

"Tonio we know that it was no way you could have touched this woman. It's lucky that this hotel has a great security system and that you were on camera at the time she stated you and her had the altercation." Tonio watched as the man interlaced his fingers placing his hands on the table. " The question is why would she make such an allegation in the first place putting your career in jeopardy?"