Chapter 19 The point of it all

Copyright © MarciMarie 2016

A/N Thanks to all my followers who have stayed despite my absence. I've been sick and lost someone I love to illness. So this is how I'm making it through. Please be patient I intend to finish everything I started. Thanks Marci :)

"Wynter Layton you can't stay in bed the rest of your life." Wynter covered her head with the covers as her friend pulled back the curtain letting the sun light into the dark room. "Let me wallow in self pity. " She felt the covers being pulled from her grasp has she held tightly refusing to let them go. "What kind of friend would I be if I didn't tell you to get up wash your ass and brush your god damn teeth?"

"The same friend that help me eat a whole gallon of rock road ice cream last night."

Wynter felt the bed give looking over the covers she could read the concern in her friends eyes. " You gotta get up you can't let him win."

"I got dumped by Shannon and Tornio all within two freaking weeks." Another round of tears started to flow." Shannon I could take." She shook as fresh tears began to fall. "But Tonio was like just cutting my heart out."

"Oh honey I'm sorry you got hurt." Her friend laid down beside her. Both looked up at the ceiling.

"I thought we would make it this time." She took the tissue offered wiped her tears and blowing her nose. Instead of going back to Virginia she had decided to go to Atlanta to visit her friend Ava. After the scene with Peter she had enough she got her suite case got Julian to ride her to the airport refusing any assistance from anyone who worked for Tonio... She wouldn't cry she refused to let them see her weak. She made it to her girlfriend's front door in Atlanta. That's when it started. When the door opened Ava opened her arms. She let her call her parents and brother to let them know that she would be staying with her for awhile. They were in the dark about the situation with Tonio, they thought she was upset over Shannon. .Jace was a little more astute he kept calling asking her what happened in New York she evaded his questions keeping conversation simple avoiding any questions about Tonio. She had been there a week. It was time for her to snap out of it. "She pushed back the covers easing her legs over the side she stood and walking toward the mirror. She looked a mess her eyes where puffy and red rimmed from crying she had bed hair and scrunching up her nose she smelled her arm pits as she lifted her arms. She reeked."You definitely need to bath sister. A nice long soak."

Wynter turned giving her friend a half smile and headed to the bathroom it was time to put her life back together. Sure she missed Tonio shit she loved him but she had to get her life back on track. Walking into the bathroom she placed the stopper in the tub and turned on the water making sure the temperature was just right she added some bath salt. "I'll make you something to eat."

"I'm not hungry." Wynter turned looking at her friend standing in the doorway. "You have to eat real food honey." Wynter turned removing her pajamas. "I guess."

"Take your bath and brush your teeth dragon breath does not become you." She sat down in the warm water and laid back. It was time to start living again.

Two hours later she had finished three spoonfuls of soup and a half of sandwich now she sat in a recliner going through missed calls and listening to messages. None where from Tonio what had she thought that he would possibly call and say it was all a mistake again. Hearing the mail slot on the door open she got up to pick up the mail from the floor . A jolt of pain resonated through her body as she examined the face that had haunted her dreams on the cover of a magazine and worst was that he was not alone a stunning blond beauty held his hand. The heading read Antonio Rodriguez and his beautiful new girlfriend stepping out. It was officially over he had moved on.