Chapter One

Wynter pressed in the code on the keypad unlocking the door to her brother's home. Placing her handbag on a table, she pulled her suitcase along into the house. She was thankful that Jace had left the timed lights on so she didn't have to search around for a light switch. Closing the door she kicked off her louboutins and headed for the kitchen her stomach was growling and she needed a drink. Shaking her head she looked around smiling to herself in twenty-five years her brother still hadn't changed he was still a slob. The place was a mess clothes carelessly thrown on chairs a laundry basket sat in the center of the floor. Discarded paper towels, cans and empty takeout containers sat on the expensive glass and marble coffee tables. The man needed a housekeeper but refused to get one because he had trust issues with people he didn't know staying when he wasn't there to watch them so as usual, he would wait for herself or their mother to visit so that they could help him clean up. This was definitely a job she would handle later in the day after she got some rest.

The ride had taken her three hours to ride from Virginia to Philadelphia. It felt good to get away from everyone in Virginia with the constant calls from reporters wanting to interview her and her family. It was nerve racking and yet so surreal that today should have been her wedding day. She would have been Wynter Jennings wife of basketball star Shannon Jennings of the New Jersey Flames, but that wasn't meant to be instead the Vera Wang wedding dress was lying back home on her bed and Shannon was now married to Kylie Kennedy. It had only been a week since she found out while watching the morning news that her so called fiancé had married another woman. He had literally kicked her to the curb without a backward glance. Everyone in the sports world was talking. It was a hottest topic in the sports and entertainment industry. Ten minutes after the story aired she had gotten no less than hundred calls from news reporters, talk show reps and lawyers wanting her to sue. She was embarrassed, hurt and numb inside. She had spent a fortune on caterers, flowers, and Vera Wang. She had been planning the wedding for six months and in one weekend everything changed. For the last week she had gone over everything in her and Shannon's relationship and the thing that got her was that she didn't feel as hurt as she should she kind of felt a relief that he had married someone else. All her friends and family surround her in their support. She could still hear her mother's voice telling her it's alright to cry honey ....let it out. That was the point she didn't want to cry she felt kind of relieved and a little grateful that maybe she had just dodged a bullet. She still wanted to kick Shannon's ass personally for not telling her he wanted out before they got this far. It could have saved her from spending a fortune and being publically humiliated.

Her friends who had came out as bridesmaids thought she should be more emotional about the situation. They rushed to her side soon as the story broke with her favorite bottle of Chardonnay, chocolate ice cream and a box of tissues, of course they wanted to trash his house break out car windows beat the girl up... she felt that way too but she didn't want them to get really hype especially while they were all drinking . She definitely didn't want to end up in jail for something stupid. Like burning down his house. All setting fire to his clothes had crossed her mind she pushed it to the side. The only time she did get mad was when Shannon's agent came by her house on his behalf stating that Shannon was sorry about everything and he wished her the best in her future and to not worry about the money the bill was on him. That stung her the most because despite everything he could have at least been a man about things and talked to her himself. Her father wasn't as self controlled as her he literally threw the man out the door and he was lucky her brother Jason hadn't been there he would have needed an ambulance. Of course her father would relay what took place hoping that Jason would run into Shannon and kick his ass. Walking into the spacious kitchen Wynter looked into the fridge for a snack inside a bottle of Chardonnay, bag of utz red hot chips and a note with her name on it...She unfolded the paper, leaning back on the counter she began to read 'relax have a glass of wine forget that asshole .' Her brother was to the point smiling she placed the note on the counter pulled a goblet from the rack found herself a corkscrew in a draw twisting the top off she poured herself a glass. That's when she noticed a stack of tabloid magazines that Jason apparently had been about to throw out. lying in a box on the counter. Shannon was on every cover tall dark and handsome dressed in a tailor made suites along with his new gorgeous blonde wife. Picking up a magazine from the pile she noticed that the next one looked similar to the other. The headline read Basketball star dumps fiancé to marry reality show diva. She turned the pages to see a picture of herself with Shannon at a party smiling happily beside it a picture of him with his new wife the same sly grin the caption reading. What's a man to do with two hotties. The writer talked about her being hurt and distraught waiting at the altar for the basketball prince who never showed up because he was in California meeting Kylie's mother preparing for that which would air on the reality show. " Fuck you Shannon" She threw the magazine down as she finished off her glass of wine and poured another. Two glasses later she had enough of reading. Picking up her empty glass she thought she would have one more before she headed up for a shower tipping the bottle over one drop fell in the glass she had actually finished the bottle . That bastard caused her to drink the whole bottle she thought as she went to stand and almost lost her balance." I think I am drunk," She laughed to herself with a hickup...as she made her way upstairs to take a shower.