Chapter 22

Copyright © Marci Marie 2016

A/N Hello thanks to everyone who has continued to read Wynter's  Circle I'm hoping to finish it up soon. So please vote and comment. Thanks again MM:)

It was like fates couldn't let me have any peace of mind. because as soon as she walked back into the ballroom she was greeted by none other than Tonio, her brother with some woman in black, and Ricky who smiled and nodded for her to come to him. She was a little surprised when he took it upon himself to walk over and take her hand as if was a natural thing for him to do. She looked from her and Ricky's entwined fingers to Tonio's angry glare that he was giving them. And she had not missed the tick in his jaw. Was he mad at her for holding hands with Ricky? Really! When he had the blonde bimbo hanging on his arm. Taking a deep breath Wynter turned giving her brother her full attention. "Are you going to introduce me?" She asked Jace determined to ignore Tonio at all cost. Stepping closer to Ricky he released her hand and then wrapped his arm around her waist. She smiled up at him adoringly. Take that Tonio two could play the game. A devilish smile spread across her face. A cough from her brother drew her attention back to him. Of course Jace gave her an inquiring look. "We're friends stupid." Wynter answered with words."And, what about you two?" She pointed from him to the girl in his arms. "What's going on here?" Her brother smiled. "Wynter this is Layla."Jace didn't give Layla a title. Like girlfriend, associate or significant other. Wynter took the out stretched hand of the woman and shook it. "She noticed a slight change in the woman's demeanor. Not as bright way to go big brow. You've just lost some brownie points with Layla.

"It's nice to finally meet you Wynter your brother talks about you all the time." Wynter arched a brow and looked from her brother to Layla. She smiled pointed from one to the other. " So how long has this been going on between you two?" Wynter waited for her brother's response. A boyish grin came across his face. Her brother had feelings for this woman. "For awhile."

For awhile and she didn't get a title. Oh he probably wouldn't get any tonight. Why were men such dumb asses.

"Okay." She answered but she gave him the look to let him know that he couldn't brush her off that easily she would get the whole story even if she had to literally twist his arm.

Tonio gazed over at Wynter not liking that Ricky had went from holding her hand to now resting on the exposed skin of her lower back. He was at a boiling point. Totally fed up with the situation. His woman was being held by another man and he was expected to let it go. The way Ricky was holding on to Wynter was like she belonged to him. Were they sleeping together? He turned to Jace. The man head was so far up his dates ass that he couldn't see that Ricky was making a move on his sister. Tonio could feel his pressure going up. Taking a glass of champagne from a waiters tray he took down in one gulp. "Are you okay." Liz asked moving closer into his side. "Yeah. I fine." He smiled down at her giving her his most dazzling smile. "Can you hold this a sec?"

He handed her the empty flute and moved away from her quickly Liz made a grab for him and missed. "Tonio don't do this." He was moved quickly away from her grasp. Not looking back.

"I can't do the bullshit anymore." He needed to get things straight he was tired of letting others fuck with his relationship. Walking over to Wynter he took her hand pulling her out of Ricky's arms. "Let's dance Ricky won't mind." He knew Ricky was pissed off but he didn't give a fuck. He smiled at Jace. Who gave him a quizzical look. " I'm dancing with your sister." Wynter was his and it was time to let everyone know. His two body guards looked open mouth on the side as he pulled Wynter along. "Tonio, what the hell are you doing?" Wynter asked. "Where going to dance." Wynter stopped walking he turned looking down into her eyes. "Trust me we need to dance and we need to talk baby." People say the eyes are the window to the soul. And the look in his eyes made her stomach flip so she let him led her on to the dance floor as The song How Could You by Kc and Jojo began playing. She laid her head against his chest and let him wrap his arms around her as the moved as one to the music. This is where she wanted to be. She felt safe with Tonio. But this back and forth was taking its toll. "No." Wynter stopped she wasn't a rag doll that he could pull along then drop off at will. She tried pull free from his grasp. He held tightly. Wynter looked up at him prepared to make a scene it she had too. What she didn't expect was the tortured look he gave her. It floored her. She saw vulnerability and fear and that wasn't Tonio. This whole thing was his fault. He gave up on them. She couldn't do this with him again. "Please let me go." He rested his chin on her head. "Wynter please." Tonio released her took a deep breath clasping his hands in front of his face as if in prayer . " I can't lose you again. It hurts to much to see you and not be able to hold you in my arms. And it kills me to see you hle by another man." Wynter stepped back his eyes became dark and angry with his last words. " Ricky is lucky that I didn't rip his head off his body for touching you." Wynter stared in disbelief he was Jealous of Ricky but he was just kling to that trick. "Really Tonio?" She laughed to keep from crying. "You can't be serious?" She stepped to him deliberately poking him in the chest. She was angry and mad. " You looked fine to me with your blonde girlfriend hanging on your arm."