Chapter 38

Storm brought them back to the bath house and shifted, letting Caleb take over. He opened the door and Rain slipped in. Caleb stepped in behind her and shut the door.

'I'm going to give you back control. Rinse off, and let's get upstairs because you're going to be very tired. You're also going to be very sore. But we'll be fine when you wake up.' Rain receded back, giving Charlotte control again.

She stood there looking around for a moment. She'd sort of gotten used to seeing out of a wolf's eyes, but at the same time, she hadn't been in control. She tentatively took a step forward. It was such a strange feeling. 'I don't know how to shift back.' She swung her head around and looked at Caleb who was standing off to the side watching her, a look of concern on his face.

'It's not hard, just visualize yourself as a human,' Rain coached her.

Charlotte did as requested and began the shift. She wasn't as fluid as Rain had been and the shift took a bit longer but it wasn't too bad.

'It'll get easier,' Rain reassured her.

Charlotte slowly stood and almost fell again as Caleb came forward and caught her. The tingles were much more intense now and she stared up at him in shock.

"Are you alright?" he asked, steadying her on her own two feet.

"I think. I'm just really sore and weak," she muttered quietly.

"Let's bathe in the hot water. It'll help some. How is your arm?" Caleb asked, picking her up again, and carrying her down into the sunken tub.

"My arm?"

"It was broken. You fell down the steps and broke your arm." Caleb frowned, wondering if he should tell her about the miscarriage now, or wait until after she woke up. He could see how exhausted she was. He'd wait.

"Just sore, but not any more sore than the rest of my body." She sighed, burying her face into his neck. The man smelled so good and Charlotte couldn't get enough of his scent.

Caleb sat her down on a bench and stepped back, then sat across from her, looking at her. His eyes flickered back and forth, glowing one moment and then back to his normal shade of blue.

Charlotte felt exhaustion sweep over her, and she leaned her head back against the bench. She looked up through the glass ceiling. Everything was so vivid now.

Caleb watched her relax, and her eyes started to drift close. "Charlotte!" After everything that had happened he didn't need her to drown.  Her eyes snapped open and he quickly stood, and moved over to her. "Can I bathe you? Quickly?"

She nodded.

Caleb worked fast, so fast Charlotte thought he didn't do anything at all and then she realized it was because she was dozing off. He scooped her up when he finished and grabbed a towel before heading upstairs. Once in her room, he dried her as best he could, then put her to bed, not bothering to try getting her in a nightgown as she was pretty much asleep.

Caleb crawled into the bed next to her and sighed. The last twenty-four hours had exhausted him. He'd also carried out Sonya's execution that morning, or rather let Storm do so. He closed his eyes, curling up next to Charlotte and fell asleep.

A mind link a few hours later woke him. Caleb? Where are you? Is Charlotte with you? Is she okay? his mother asked.

He groaned, and glanced at Charlotte, who was sleeping peacefully still. He glanced at the window. It had to be after noon.

I'm fine and yes, Charlotte is with me. She's asleep. She's fine, too. He was hungry, but he also didn't like leaving Charlotte. He decided to link his father. After someone shifts into a werewolf for the first time, how long do they usually sleep?

The Alpha King's Slave (Book 2 Of The Regal Eclipse Pack Series)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara