Chapter 7

Lord Aydan was quite handsome with dark brown hair pulled back at the base of his neck and warm brown eyes. His skin was tanned and he was quite tall and muscular. He was well dressed, his clothes tailored to fit him perfectly and Charlotte knew he had to be quite wealthy.

He stared at her, looking her over, as he walked towards her, stopping just inches away. She felt the warmth from his body and she shivered slightly, wanting to drop her gaze but forcing herself not to. He suddenly smirked, then frowned. His hand gently grabbed her chin, and he turned her head sideways. "Did you hit her?"

"No, my lord. One of the pirates who brought her in earlier did," Baki said.

"She's developing a nasty bruise. Might want to tell your pirates to not damage the merchandise." Lord Aydan's thumb brushed across her cheek and she flinched, realizing the spot was very sore.

Baki didn't respond.

Lord Aydan dropped his hand from her chin, then walked slowly around her, stopping behind her and trailing his fingers through her loose hair. "You're sure she is a virgin?"

"Yes my lord. I checked myself," Baki replied confidently.

Charlotte felt her cheeks grow hot again as Lord Aydan stepped away from her. He was most definitely interested in bedding her. A tear slid down her cheek. She wouldn't be a virgin much longer if he chose to use her. She wondered if he was just paying to use her or he intended to buy her and keep her. Either way, it seemed that she would end up in Lord Ayden's bed. Her life as she'd known it was over.

Lord Aydan moved back over next to Baki, who motioned to one of his servants. The woman came forward and undid Charlotte's dressing gown. She stepped behind Charlotte and began to pull it off.

Charlotte grabbed the dressing gown in shock. What was she doing?

Baki made a noise and she suddenly remembered his threats. She looked at the ground and let go of the dressing gown. The servant removed it from her, leaving her naked.

Charlotte wanted to sink into the ground in shame, as she felt everyone in the room's eyes on her. Lord Aydan stepped closer to her again and walked around her slowly, trailing his fingers over her skin. She swallowed hard, avoiding looking up. He stopped in front of her, and raised his hand, trailing it down her breast until he reached the very tip and lightly flicked it

Charlotte gasped softly and took a step back. She couldn't bear to look at him. She'd never in her life been fully naked before in front of anyone except Penny. Even when she had visualized herself being intimate with the Earl, she had never been completely naked. The room would be dark with perhaps a fire lit in the fireplace, but never would she stand naked in front of him to be inspected like this.

"I'll take her, though I refuse to pay full price for a woman with a bruised up face. Some bruises go deeper than just the surface," Lord Aydan said as he turned her head again to inspect her cheek.

Charlotte wanted to yank her face away from him and cover herself. She felt to exposed, and .. she wasn't sure what she was feeling with this Lord's dark gaze on her. She let her own meet his briefly and saw a small smile appear on his face. "You're perfect," he whispered for her ears alone.

Finally, the men left and Penny crossed the room to her. She'd been standing in the corner, watching the entire thing. She helped Charlotte slip the dressing gown back on. "Are you okay, Miss?"

Charlotte let the tears she'd been holding back fall. "No," she whispered. "I think he's buying me to bed me."

Penny looked at her. "Yes, Mistress," she dropped her gaze.