Chapter 43

Weeks passed and Caleb spent as much time as he possibly could with Charlotte. He ate all of his meals at her table. He'd explained to her that bringing her to the head table told the pack that she was his Luna and Queen, and he would wait until she made her decision if she wanted to be with him first. He knew his pack was curious as to why he chose to not sit at the head table, and all the way down at the far end with a rogue wolf, but he didn't care. He'd sit at her feet if he needed to.

He gave her several tours of the entire castle, showing her all of the different nooks and crannies and explaining its history. He showed her where the original building was and where the add-ons started.

He told her about his parents, and how his father had changed many people into werewolves, including Ragnar hundreds of years before. Charlotte has finally confessed to him how she'd met his parents, her face bright red as she recounted the story. Caleb had found it hilarious but he could understand now why she'd been reluctant to greet them on their last visit.

He made a point to let Storm and Rain spend time together every day. He found that Charlotte enjoyed going out at night, and that was usually when they went. She loved to look at the stars, and now he understood why.  He took her out one very clear night, bringing a blanket along, and had just sat with her.  She'd cried some and told him some more about her father.  Then she had thanked him for bringing her out.  It had been nice to sit there with his arm wrapped around her.  It had given him hope that maybe she would accept him.  

He also took her out during the day, showing her around the grounds and just getting to know her. Charlotte was very curious and loved hearing about the history of his home and the many stories he told. He knew most English women wouldn't care.  A lot of them were more interested in the latest gossip, scandals, fashion, that sort of thing.  He'd even picked up on that with Sofia in the short time he'd known her. But Charlotte was different.  She was very intelligent and loved listening to him.  She asked questions and would listen to him ramble for hours about different things.  He was surprised at her knowledge of history and she explained it was just one thing she loved to read about.

After a couple of weeks, he talked her into at least joining the pack, though she still hadn't made a decision about accepting him as her mate. He'd explained that at least then he'd be able to mind link her and she'd no longer be a rogue. She'd seemed a bit hesitant about the immortality part, but Caleb had explained that she could always leave the pack if she wished.

He and Ragnar had organized the ceremony, and it had been a wonderful night. Charlotte had glowed that night, as she was welcomed into the pack, and Caleb had hated himself for not inducting her sooner. It was the one thing he could have done to make her feel welcome, and he hadn't done it. He'd been so selfish.

Charlotte was beginning to look more and more like the woman that had first come to him. She'd gained some weight back and she no longer looked worn out. She'd also come back out of the shell she'd seemed to fall into for a time, and sometimes he liked to poke at her just to see her temper flare a bit. 

But his favorite thing was how bold she'd become with her body. She teased him mercilessly with her naked body and the way she touched herself. He was half aroused most of the time he was around her.  But he held back, waiting for her to make a decision. This was the longest he'd gone without bedding her, and it was very frustrating.  

He longed to touch her, to kiss every inch of her, to show her how much he loved and adored her.  Getting to really know her over the last few weeks had made him fall more deeply in love with her.  

Charlotte had taken to sleeping in his bed every night, to keep the nightmares at bay. He knew she rested better and she would curl up into him, sometimes in her nightgown, sometimes in nothing at all, and those were the nights Caleb struggled to sleep.

He lay now staring at the ceiling, Charlotte's warm naked body resting in his arms. The temptation of her was so close, and yet just out of his reach. He'd never had to practice so much restraint in his life.

He'd taken her out again tonight, a bit further than normal. They'd returned, and he'd watched her bathe herself, her hands languidly tracing over her body. He envied those hands.

She knew what she was doing too. He could see it in her eyes. She would get him so aroused that it hurt, but she still wouldn't give him an answer.

Storm thought it was hilarious. 'You deserve every second of this. She's found a way to punish you in the most tortuous way possible.'

He'd watched her exit the tub, the water dripping slowly down her body, touching all the areas he wished to explore. She always took her time drying herself off, and all he could do was watch.

Caleb wondered how much of this was Rain's idea. He honestly wondered if Charlotte's wolf hated him, but Storm had assured him that she didn't. Storm had a much better relationship with Rain, and Caleb was bit jealous. But his wolf had respected her boundaries though.

He rolled onto his side, cuddling into her, and breathed in her scent deeply. It was still like the first time he'd seen her, his body so desperately aware of her.

"Caleb?"

He moved away from her a bit, rolling back onto his back. "Hmm?"

She rolled over and laid her head on his chest. "You know what?"

"What?"

"I miss you waking me up in the middle of the night."

He stilled when she said that, realizing what she was telling him. She missed him bedding her. "I miss it too."

"I know you do." She traced her fingers down his abs and circled her hand around him. He froze as she slowly began to stroke him. After a few moments, she sat up and straddled him, sinking onto him.

Caleb closed his eyes in shear ecstasy. He opened them again to see her looking down at him, and he sat up, grabbing her hips as she began to move on him. "Charlotte," he whispered, guiding her movements.

She placed her hand on his cheek and then kissed him. He wrapped his arms around her, stilling her movements for a moment as he kissed her back, pouring all the love he felt for her into the kiss. It was the first time they'd kissed since before everything had happened, and it felt amazing.

"Rain and I have kept you waiting long enough. I can't stand laying in bed next to you every night and you not touching me. It's just.."

"I know. Its been torture," he agreed, his hands gripping her hips again as she began to move. She felt so good.

"I love you, Caleb. I want to be your mate, your Queen." She looked up at him, her blue eyes glowing as her wolf looked out at him for a brief moment.

"I love you so much, Charlotte. I want to mark you." He could feel his canines starting to extend. It had been so long, and his need to mate and mark her had grown quite a bit since he hadn't touched her.

Charlotte moved her hair back from her neck. "Please," she whispered.

"I want you to mark me too," he leaned his forehead against hers and stopped her movements. It had been much too long and he was too close already.

"How?" She asked.

"Let Rain guide you." Caleb lightly licked the spot he was about to sink his canines into and heard her moan, the sound sending a thrill through him.

It took her a moment, but then she returned the favor. "I'm ready," she whispered against his neck.

Caleb sank his teeth into her at the same time she did him. He tensed briefly before the pleasure washed over him and Charlotte somehow managed to move a bit on him, bringing him over the edge. He closed his eyes in pure ecstasy as the bond clicked into place and everything suddenly felt so right.

She let go and so did he, lightly licking the spot clean, causing her to moan. He pulled back a bit so he could look into her eyes then leaned his forehead against hers, his arms wrapped around her. "I love you so much Charlotte."

She smiled as she looked back at him. "I love you, too."