Chapter 2

KAI KISHIMOTO

"Yes, dad, I will take rests today," I said for the third time, opening my locker and tossing my bag inside, "I'm pretty sure mum won't let me work myself out anyway

"Yes, dad, I will take rests today," I said for the third time, opening my locker and tossing my bag inside, "I'm pretty sure mum won't let me work myself out anyway."

"I'm just checking, you always push yourself too hard and end up exhausted all day," Dad said at the end of the line, "anyway, tell Emma that she'll come home with us today."

"Why?" I lowered my eyebrows, leaning against the lockers.

"J and Warner have so many meetings today, they'll probably run late, so she'll stay until they come back at night."

"Alright," I said just as Zade motioned me to hurry up, "I gotta go, goodbye."

"Bye!" He replied and I hung up, putting my flip phone back in the locker before slamming it shut. Thank Goodness phones are back, because I don't know how people used to go on with pagers. How do you even use this thing? The only thing I know about pagers is that my dad said Uncle Warner saved Jello and the rest of his friends using one. My family is weird as hell.

It took the supremes a while to be able to make phones again, and even longer to put them in stock. There were only about two or three models of phones available around the world now, but it was still better than nothing.

From the movies my dad made me watch when I was young, I saw different kind of phones being used, more advanced ones, but I'm guessing this may take another decade or two for supremes to discover how to make them again.

"Aunt Naz is going to kill you, bro," Zade said as we walked down the hallway to the training room on the second floor.

"I'll just throw my dad under the bus," I shrugged, "he's the one who kept the call going for ten minutes."

"Isn't he training people downstairs?"

"Yup," I opened the door, and was met by a bunch of kids my age, younger, and older. And then my mum with her arms crossed, giving me that look, "it was dad!"

"Damn," Zade laughed, "not even a second of hesitation."

My mum just shook her head and told us to go sit down before it was our turn  to train. I nodded and moved towards the center of the room looking for a bench that doesn't have someone I would have the urge to throw off the roof sitting on it. My eyes fell on Emmaline sitting on one of them, talking to a girl.

When we got here, we ate the lunch dad packed us, and then each one of us headed to a locker room to change. She changed from her crop top and jeans into a plain purple jumpsuit, her hair was now up in a high ponytail that swayed as she laughed at something the girl said, shaking her head.

She looked up, her smile widening when her eyes found me and waved her hand with extra enthusiasm than necessary. How the hell is she still zestful?