Chapter 35

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.
𝕂𝕒𝕚 𝕂𝕚𝕤𝕙𝕚𝕞𝕠𝕥𝕠
»--•--«

"Emmaline," I whispered when we laid her down on one of the beds in the medical room, moving her hair out of her face before looking up to where Juliette was, her wide eyes staring at Emmaline as he pressed her hand to the open wound

Where are we going? Don't leave me. Don't leave me!

I heard her. I heard her thoughts screaming in my head, begging.

I'm in pain. Make it end, please. I can't do this alone.

"Kai," Atlas started next to me, "Davis. Where's he?" He looked at Juliette, "there was a boy, our age, I think. Where is he? Tell me you didn't kill him."

"There wasn't anyone here your age," Juliette shook her head, "nobody is left here, it's over. The ones we didn't kill are with the soldiers, we're bringing them back to the base for questioning. But that's it."

"Okay, so what do we do?" I swallowed. I don't care where the hell Davis is if he's not here. I took a look at Emmaline again, my chest tightening when she didn't respond. I could feel my vision turning blurry, but I didn't care, "Emmaline."

No. No. Don't let go. Kai? Don't leave me, please!

It was like she was the one clinging into me when I was the one about to go on my knees for her not to leave. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't live without her, and she thought I was going to let go?

"Leila," Uncle Warner started, towering over her from the other side of the bed. I think this is the first time I saw him not knowing what to do, his eyes roaming around in pure panic I've never witnessed before. It made me feel sick to my stomach, "we need to bring her back—"

"We won't have time," I snapped, seeing Dad help Juliette try and stop the blood, "she won't make it— she won't—"

Emmaline! I tried to reach for her mind, Emmaline, wake up. Don't do this.

I couldn't breathe, I felt like I was going to pass out next to her. If the soldiers haven't killed the one who shot her, I would have gone there and did it myself. It was the guy that she knocked out when she found me. I didn't even know any of them had powers other than Davis.

Help me! Help! I'm suffocating.

Suffocating. This word alone almost ripped my heart out of my chest. I'm ready to give her my goddamn lungs for her to breathe if she needed it. My heart squeezed looking at her right now, trying to reach for her with no avail.