Chapter 17

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.
𝕂𝕒𝕚 𝕂𝕚𝕤𝕙𝕚𝕞𝕠𝕥𝕠
»--•--«

𝕂𝕒𝕚 𝕂𝕚𝕤𝕙𝕚𝕞𝕠𝕥𝕠»--•--«

I couldn't close my eyes. I couldn't let myself close my eyes. Every time I would, I'd find myself back at the academy, seconds before the bomb went off. Every time. I couldn't take it. When we were at the hospital, I had just woken up and was focused on understanding what was happening. On making sure everyone around me thought I was okay. On making sure Emmaline thought I'll be fine. But when I got home, when I came up here, I let it all sink in.

Kai, get out of there. There's a bomb.

You've been out for a week.

You're okay. It's okay.

Don't shut yourself out.

Every thought ended with my eyes falling on my left arm again and again. The sight of the scars on my hand, up my forearm made me feel as if the room closing in, my lungs closing in. These are always going to be there. A permanent reminder that I almost died. I was supposed to die if it wasn't for Juliette being there.

Silence

A long beeping voice

My ears ringing as I flew above the ground.

I relived the memory whenever my eyes fell on my scars. I relived the memory whenever my lids would fall. Wether my eyes were open or not, I was still stuck in that damn day. I felt sick. Sick of my own body. My own mind. I wanted to crawl out of my own skin. I didn't want this memory in my head. I didn't want those marks on my skin. I just wanted all of it erased.

I didn't want sympathetic looks or hugs. I didn't want to see how Mum looked at me, like her heart was breaking. Or how Dad would freeze for a second before talking to me. And Emmaline.

The way she broke down at the hospital when she was trying to explain what happened, the way her hands were shaking made me hate myself for not leaving the academy sooner. It was probably a rough week for her, I knew that. I knew she wanted to see me, but I just couldn't do it.

It's me.

It was because it's her that I couldn't do this. I couldn't watch her out of everyone try and fix whatever I was feeling. I didn't mean to hurt her, I didn't want to. I just know I wouldn't be able to take it, to watch her look at me like that. Like something was wrong with me, like she's scared with every move she takes. I knew this would happen. That one day I'd hurt her without meaning to. I should have just opened the door for her, let her in. Really let her in, but it was so hard to handle right now.