Chapter 32

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.
𝕂𝕒𝕚 𝕂𝕚𝕤𝕙𝕚𝕞𝕠𝕥𝕠
»--•--«

"You really need to eat, Emmaline," I sighed when she kept pacing up and down the room, not even listening to me

It's been a day, I think it was morning now, I couldn't really tell the time or if it's daylight or not since the room had no windows, but I know that we just woke up two hours ago. Yesterday, we discovered that Jett and Atlas are okay and staying in a room downstairs because Jett said she heard us from the vents, so there's that.

But just when I thought Emmaline was getting better, that she was accepting whatever is happening, it was like a switch when we woke up today, it all backfired. I could hear her think, she wouldn't stop saying theories, she wouldn't stop moving, she wouldn't even eat the food they gave us. It was driving me crazy.

"Where do you think the man who stalked us is?" She asked, more to herself than to me as she continued moving, "Eve's uncle, I mean. Do you think he's the boss of this thing? Why didn't we see him?"

"Emmaline—"

"If that's all what they want, why doesn't he show his face?" She frowned, crossing her arms with a shake of her head, "they want something more. They're lying—"

"Stop," I shot up from the bed and grabbed hold of her shoulders, stilling her in place, watching as she gasped out a breath. Finally. She literally forgets to breath when she's stressed. Yesterday, I was going to lose it watching her have that goddamn panic attack, "calm. Down."

"I'm just trying to figure out what's happening," she sighed, her hands going to pry mine off of her shoulder, but I gripped tighter.

"Then what?" I started, "we're still going to be stuck here, stop stressing yourself, please and eat something."

"I'm not hungry," she eyed the food, giving the plate a disgusted look before looking up at me, "I don't think anyone would even have the appetite right now, you barely even ate."

Because I'm saving it for you. I took, like, two bites of my food and gave her the rest yesterday, doing the same today too, "yeah, but at least I ate something. You can't stay like this the whole time we're here."

"It doesn't taste good, I don't want it," she waved a hand, but I rolled my eyes.

"Well, I'm sorry that we're not kidnapped in a five stars hotel," I shot back, earning a glare from her, "but you need to eat something, next time I'll make sure the kidnappers are chefs, I promise."

"Gee, what a man," she swatted my hands off after a moment, walking towards the bed before sitting down and grabbing the plate, taking a bite before groaning and resting her head against the headboard, "I miss Naz's food."

"Don't remind me," I sighed and sat next to her, resting my head on her shoulder as she took another bite, "I'd even drink that soup she made when we were sick."