Chapter 31

ੈ✩‧₊˚
𝔼𝕞𝕞𝕒𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕖 𝕃𝕖𝕚𝕝𝕒 𝕎𝕒𝕣𝕟𝕖𝕣
ੈ✩‧₊˚

ੈ✩‧₊˚𝔼𝕞𝕞𝕒𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕖 𝕃𝕖𝕚𝕝𝕒 𝕎𝕒𝕣𝕟𝕖𝕣ੈ✩‧₊˚

It felt so cold, like I was freezing. My bones, muscles not being able to move. Where am I? What even happened? I tried to think about the last time I was awake, how I got to where I am now. Did we make it home yesterday? No, wait. Was it even yesterday? How long have I been asleep?

Amelia's party

The protest

The building

Atlas

The car accident—

My eyes shot open at the last thought, my body tensing more than it already was if that was even possible and blinked at the dim light. My head throbbed and my mouth was dry. I was lying on a stained mattress, covered with a thin blanket. I looked around and saw a small window, barred with iron. Dusty shelves lined the walls, filled with jars, bottles, and instruments.

A clinic. This was a clinic, an abandoned one. The room I was in was so small, I don't think any of them are with me. Were they in the same building? Were they alive?

Kai.

I felt a surge of panic and anger at the thought of him not being in my sight. Where is he? Is he okay? I had to get out of here. I had to find him.

I tried to sit up but I sensed movement next to me, looking to my right at... Davis? What is he doing here? Where even is here? That doesn't matter right now.

"Hey," he quietly said, his hands coming to my shoulders, "how—"

"Where is he?" I cut him off, removing the cover off of me, seeing me still in my blood stained clothes, "where's Kai?"

"Emma, just wait—"

"I asked you a question," I tried to push him off but his grip was so tight. Kai. Where is Kai? I couldn't even think about anything. Not about where the hell I am, or how I got here, or what the hell is Davis doing right now, I just wanted to find Kai, "let go of me!"

"Calm down," he stressed, trying to push me down, and succeeding, my back slamming back to the mattress. I felt so tired, exhausted, my body weak, "I healed you but I'm not sure if it's okay for you to stand up yet—"

I groaned out when I tried to use my powers against him but couldn't, I couldn't even feel my powers anymore, like I didn't even have them, "Emma, stop—"

"I said," I fisted my hand, ready to throw a punch, "let go."

I punched his side, catching him off guard and ignoring the pain I felt when I kneed him, standing up, my knees almost giving out, my head thudding, but I just walked to the door. I need to find him.