Chapter 19

ੈ✩‧₊˚
𝔼𝕞𝕞𝕒𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕖 𝕃𝕖𝕚𝕝𝕒 𝕎𝕒𝕣𝕟𝕖𝕣
ੈ✩‧₊˚

I watched as the crowd's whispers became noisy, chaos erupting as Mum's speech was coming to an end, people raising their hands for questions, cameras flashing

I watched as the crowd's whispers became noisy, chaos erupting as Mum's speech was coming to an end, people raising their hands for questions, cameras flashing. But Mum stood unfazed, Dad beside her with a blank expression that only wavered whenever he looked at her. I was standing between guards at the end of the stage she was on, not even visible to the people around, just watching.

"I will say this again," Mum said sternly, the crowd's voices fading a little, "whoever had a hand in what happened will be found and punished. Any wrong move towards us will be condemned. I said this 20 years ago, and I'll say it again. I am Juliette Ferrars, and I challenge anyone who would stand against me."

She took a breath, narrowing her eyes, "I am the leader of this nation, and the one who took down the reestablishment who brainwashed some of you to believe we doomed this world by taking them down. I am warning you, if a move like this took place again, you will be starting a war. One you will not be winning by any chance. That being said, I have no more words."

The crowd turned chaotic again, but Mum and Dad calmly turned to get down, walking to my direction with guards following them. Not missing a beat when they reached me, moving me with them until we got into the car, the doors locking behind us.

"You did well, love," Dad put a hand on her shoulder as she took a shaky breath, closing her eyes.

"I just hope this scares them off," she sighed, leaning her head on his shoulder, "I don't want to go through this again."

"I know," he soothed, and I swallowed the lump in my throat, "Emma?"

"Yeah?" I breathed, trying to calm my thoughts down.

"We'll be alright," he smiled at me, "don't be scared."

"I'm not scared," I was scared. I knew he knew, I knew he felt it. But I wasn't scared of Mum not being able to defeat them, I was scared of what we could possibly go through in order to make this happen. I was scared that what happened to Kai was just a warm up. I was scared that what I read in history will become my reality. I was scared my parents will suffer again.

"You are, but you shouldn't be," his hand came to rest on mine, his mirroring green eyes pinned on mine, "we got this. Nothing will happen that we can't face."

"I know," I sighed, giving him a soft smile, "I just hope there doesn't have to be something to face."

"We'll be alright," Mum repeated Dad's phrase, sliding her arm around my shoulders and pulling me to her, "it's going to be under control."

I closed my eyes and hoped that my wish from yesterday would come true. Wished that Mum's words were the truth. That Dad's soothing was because he knew he was right. Not just words.