Chapter 28

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.
𝕂𝕒𝕚 𝕂𝕚𝕤𝕙𝕚𝕞𝕠𝕥𝕠
»--•--«

"Emmaline," I whispered, throwing the crossword book I brought with me on the mattress, tapping her shoulder as she talked on the phone with Amelia again

"Emmaline," I whispered, throwing the crossword book I brought with me on the mattress, tapping her shoulder as she talked on the phone with Amelia again. This girl should get a life. She raised an eyebrow in question at me, but I just turned my body to her on the bed, tugging on her sleeve and waving a hand at the phone, "tell her you're busy."

She frowned and mouthed 'no' continuing her conversation. I tsk'd and rolled over so my head was resting on her chest, her hand coming to the back of it, her fingers automatically brushing through my hair, but she was still not even looking at me, laughing at something Amelia said.

"Emmaline," I whispered again, watching her shake her head with a roll of her eyes, a smile appearing on my face as I kept whispering her name over and over, tapping my fingers across her arm.

"Kai!" She finally snapped, smacking my back lightly before pausing, probably listening to what Amelia is saying and then suddenly the phone was against my ear with Emmaline holding it for me as my arms hugged her again.

"What's up with you?" Amelia said by the end of the line, "I can't talk to my girlfriend properly because of you."

"I'm going to kill you," I said flatly, earning a glare from Emmaline.

"Wow, damn, okay," Amelia scoffed, "at least wait until my birthday is here."

"Your birthday?"

"Yeah! It's after tomorrow," I heard the smile in her voice.

"How long are you planning to keep waisting oxygen?"

"I thought you were going to tell me happy birthday."

"Die," I fired back, Emmaline shoving my shoulder, but I grabbed her hand, pinning it next to her as she mouthed 'stop being so mean.'

"Can I have the nice one back?" Amelia asked after a moment.

"You've already taken a lot of her time— hey!" I blurted out when Emmaline pulled the phone away, putting it on her ear again. She kept apologizing for how Kai acts and not a second later, Amelia pulled her into yet another conversation that had nothing to do with the one they were in a minute ago.

We already had breakfast today and supposed to go down to train for our powers in about thirty minutes, and Amelia was taking all of her time. I loved how she was so at ease and happy talking to her though, like she was her friend, not someone she knows because of me. I don't even think Amelia is my friend, I didn't really spend a lot time with her or the rest.

I think I started hanging out with them after the lake party for Emmaline to get to know them because I wanted her to be able to make friends at school even with a little push from me. She chuckled again, throwing her head back, and I felt my heart skip a beat at the sight, my chest tightening when her fingers started massaging my scalp while she talked. She's so adorable.