Chapter 22

ੈ✩‧₊˚
𝔼𝕞𝕞𝕒𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕖 𝕃𝕖𝕚𝕝𝕒 𝕎𝕒𝕣𝕟𝕖𝕣
ੈ✩‧₊˚

ੈ✩‧₊˚𝔼𝕞𝕞𝕒𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕖 𝕃𝕖𝕚𝕝𝕒 𝕎𝕒𝕣𝕟𝕖𝕣ੈ✩‧₊˚

I forgot how exhausting school was. Kai and I finally decided to go back since it's only a few days until the vacation, so it will not be an issue for us to just handle them in order not to completely miss everything and be on track with how we left off before starting the break. However, I found myself distracted by everyone around me rather than actually focusing on school work. Some people just looked at me without saying anything, others asked how I've been, some apologized for what happened to Kai, some girls only asked about Kai and not me.

There were others who I could feel their eyes piercing through me, I could see how they showed their dislike towards me. I knew before that there were someone people who hated us, but they never really showed it. Some would throw a word here or there, but today was different. It's like them knowing about the rebellion going on made them somewhat more comfortable showing us there disapproval.

It was all I could think about as I walked out of my building, heading towards the gate to wait there because I couldn't bear to stand between all of these people right now. I walked next to the wall and was about to turn to lean my back against it when a hand slammed on the flat surface right in front of my face, making me gasp and jerk my head back. I blinked, still staring in front of me. That wasn't Kai's hand, the boy's hand was too pale for that. It wasn't Zade's too because it had no rings. I looked to my right, being met with an unfamiliar face, making me frown, "can I help you?"

The boy just tilted his head, looking me up and down like something was wrong with me, "you don't know me?"

"Should I?" I turned my body when I felt him step closer, my back making contact with the wall as I clenched my jaw.

"I mean the whole world knows you, the least you could do is remember people in your class, right?" He stepped closer, and I tried to push my body back against the wall, narrowing my eyes. What the hell? "Or is it because you think you're better than everybody?"

"Excuse me?" I shook my head before letting out a frustrated breath seeing how close he was, "please, back away from me."

I didn't want to make a scene, I didn't even know what he wanted or who he is. Maybe he'll just leave if I listened to what he wants to say next and think that he did something.

"Yo, guys!" He ignored me and looked to the side, my eyes following his gaze to see two other boys walking towards us, "look who I found alone."

"Is that Emma Warner?" One of them laughed, leaning on the wall next to me. I was now cornered from both sides, my right blocked by the first boy hand, and the other by the other boy resting on the wall next to me. The third one just smiled, putting his hands in his pockets, watching me.

My eyes kept roaming between the three of them as I gripped my bag more tightly. I wasn't scared, I was just annoyed. I didn't want to get in trouble the first day back in school, and I sure didn't want people to see this. Everyone already had their eyes on me, I didn't want to get their attention more.