Chapter 30

-ˋˏ☀︎𝕁𝕒𝕞𝕖𝕤 𝕂𝕖𝕟𝕥.ೃ࿔☀︎

"Holy shit," I murmured under my breath, my eyes pinned on the huge screen, watching the footage of the burning building

"Holy shit," I murmured under my breath, my eyes pinned on the huge screen, watching the footage of the burning building. Emma just destroyed a building. Well, not just as in right this second because this has been leaked just now, they should be on their way back at this moment.

"That's all we have," Kenji said after the screen went black, "they cut the video footage, we don't know what happened next."

"But Aurora should be there with the guards, right?" I asked, "she should be able to at least put this fire out."

"And evacuate the area," J nodded, "but we don't have eyes on that, we can't even hack the surrounding cameras of any buildings, they're all down."

I breathed in deep, running a hand through my hair. This was all messed up, I don't think the news of what happened spread worldwide yet, or even at all, but it will. Naz doesn't even know that the kids got out of the base. If she found out they were in the middle of this when she gets the news, she would probably cause a crime scene.

I glanced at Aaron, seeing him still staring at the screen even when nothing was playing anymore, he didn't even have any expression on his face, but he didn't seem to hear us anymore too, as if he was already in another world. Adam next to him, tapping his foot against the floor with his hands fisted.

I heard noises from outside, quickly stepping towards the door, sensing Alia and Adam stand up, J already behind me, but it wasn't them. It was Aurora.

"It's clear," she sighed, the guards standing back as Sam and Nouria came to stand next to her, "everyone is gone, the square is closed off."

"We managed to get some people out of the building," Sam continued, "but..."

"A lot didn't make it," Nouria continued, "the building totally crumbled down."

Emma wouldn't survive this, she'd bury herself in guilt. She'd say she's the reason people are dead just because she wanted to protect Zade. Even if everyone told her it was an accident, it wasn't her fault, she wouldn't listen. I don't think I would if I was in her position.

"Where are the kids?" Nouria asked when nobody spoke.

"What do you mean?" Kenji shot back, "didn't we send Atlas with you to just bring them all back?"

"Yeah, I helped him find them and watched them drive off," Sam nodded before narrowing her eyes, "they're not back?"

"No," J snapped, taking in a breath, "how did you make it before them? Are you sure they drove off?"

"Yes," Sam stressed, "they should be."

"What are you talking about?" Adam snapped, "if you watched them already drive off, where could they possibly?"