Chapter 33

ੈ✩‧₊˚
𝔼𝕞𝕞𝕒𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕖 𝕃𝕖𝕚𝕝𝕒 𝕎𝕒𝕣𝕟𝕖𝕣
  ੈ✩‧₊˚

                               ੈ✩‧₊˚              𝔼𝕞𝕞𝕒𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕖 𝕃𝕖𝕚𝕝𝕒 𝕎𝕒𝕣𝕟𝕖𝕣                               ੈ✩‧₊˚

I'm awake. I tried to tell him, but I couldn't let it out. Kai? Kai, where are you?

I don't know... I heard his voice reply to me. I want to open my eyes. Where am I?

I'm awake. I can hear you. I tried to scream it, but I know I just said it in my mind. I couldn't move. Can you hear me?

I don't even know who I'm talking to. I squeezed my eyes shut more, trying to focus. I could hear voices. A lot. More than his. I usually only heard him.

Am I even still in pain? I couldn't feel anything. When the knife was stabbed in my side, I felt like I was on fire, having to hold it in place the whole time because a simple move made my insides literally twist, I was going to keep it that way. I wasn't going to let go until I found Davis.

But then he appeared. I tried to tell him to leave, but he wouldn't listen. I didn't even have time to process what had happened. Give me a second, habibti. That's all he said. And it was literally not more than three seconds. One second I was surrounded by a bunch of men, the other they were all on the ground, Kai towering over the one who stabbed me, punching him at a speed rate I couldn't fathom, I couldn't even see his fist from how fast he was going.

I didn't care about any of that. I didn't care that he beat up someone, I didn't care that he threatened to kill him, he even almost went through with it. All I cared about was that I wanted him out of there. I knew they wouldn't let him go after that, they wouldn't let him be without hurting him.

Then his voice made its way to my head, ringing in my ears.

She's unconscious, between life an death. If not already—

No! I snapped, I'm. Awake. I can hear you. Can you hear me?

He thinks I'm dead. He thinks I'm gone. I'm not gone. I'm not dead, I'm breathing. Something happened. Something that made my head spin, made it heavy. I forced myself to open my eyes then. I'm not dead. I wanted to scream, I wanted to tell him. If he thinks I'm dead, he'd probably get himself hurt again.

My gaze landed on two men standing in front of me, sensing Davis's presence right by my side. I let a glance slip down, seeing my still soaked bloody clothes, but I couldn't feel the pain I felt earlier. No wound. They healed me.

I need to know where he is. I tried. I tried to be calm, to be rational, to just beg them to let me see him, beg them not to hurt him, but I couldn't stop the surge of rage that shot through me at the sight of the man I stabbed. The one I took the knife out of my body, knowing it would kill me, knowing my blood would pool out with nothing to stop it, I'd be drained in a second, just because he hit him, again and again.