Chapter 25

-ˋˏ☀︎𝕁𝕒𝕞𝕖𝕤 𝕂𝕖𝕟𝕥.ೃ࿔☀︎

"James, we're moving now," Aurora's voice came muffled from behind my bedroom door after a knock

"Okay, I'll meet you downstairs," I called back, buttoning the color of my shirt before fixing my hair again and opening the door, heading to the elevator.

I tried to focus on today and not remember what the hell happened yesterday, but I couldn't do one without thinking of the other. Yesterday was crazy. The fact that Kai and Emma were out there alone— I couldn't even think about it. Something could have happened to them and nobody would even notice.

It's him. That's him.

Emma's voice rang in my head for the thousandth time. Him. Evelyn's uncle. Evelyn. I called her yesterday and thankfully she replied even when it was late. I told her that we need to go to her uncle's house again. All she said was 'sure, when do you want me there?'

I called her again this morning to confirm that she didn't forget, and she said she'll be there when I arrive. I didn't want to see her again, I thought I wouldn't have. But with what happened, I had a feeling this won't be the last time I had to deal with her. We needed her.

"Hey," I said, walking into the room everyone was gathered in, Aurora standing up once I stepped inside.

"You're ready?" She asked, walking towards me. I don't even know when she got up, but I assumed it was pretty early. When did she even get time to sleep and still look like she had the best rest of her life. She didn't look exhausted or worn out, instead she looked like she had all the energy someone needed to run a marathon.

She wore some jeans with a brown leather jacket and a white top underneath, letting her curls fall down as always. I cleared my throat when I realized I haven't replied to her yet, "yeah, let's go. Evelyn is there already."

"Take care," J smiled when we were about to turn, "and call us if anything unexpected happened."

"Of course," I returned the smile and motioned for Aurora to go first when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey, Aurora, I'll let him go in a second," Kenji said, "I just need a word with him before you go."

"Yeah, sure," she shrugged with a smile before looking at me, "I'll wait with the guards outside."

Kenji waited until she was out of sight before pulling me outside where we were alone, "are you sure you can do this?"

"Do what?"