Chapter 14

KAI KISHIMOTO

"Kai, seriously stop," Emmaline giggled as I reached out to tickle her hips when she got a few steps ahead smiling at the sound of her laugh

"Are you seriously not coming to the academy today?" I tilted my head as she got out her house keys.

"No," she sighed, fiddling with the keys and turned to me, "I have tons of homework."

"Who cares?" I frowned, "I'm going to be bored."

She gave me a look, "we don't even have time to talk there, Kai. And you'll be fine, it's just three hours."

"You're heartless," I nodded and crossed my arms, looking away "I hope you enjoy your homework."

She was quiet for a moment before I heard her chuckle, a hand coming to my forearm, tugging on it as I leaned down a fraction, "I'll be thinking about you. I promise."

I didn't fight the smile that crossed my face as I leaned down giving her a quick kiss that turned into two, then three until she leaned back with a smile and waved at me as I watched her turn and get inside, shutting the door lightly behind her. I sighed and turned around, my smile dropping on instinct, seeing Zade with his jaw nearly hitting the floor, a bag in his hand falling to the ground. Oh, well.

His expression turned from shocked to angry as he walked towards me, "hey, Zade. I—"

"Shut up," he cut me off grabbing me by my shirt, pulling me with him to my house, the door already opened a crack as he pushed it wider.

"What are you doing back, didn't you go to—" Dad asked from the couch and looked back stopping when he saw what's happening, "what are you doing?"

"Going to have a talk with your son," was all Zade said as he dragged me upstairs to my room, pushing me in and slamming the door behind us, crossing his arms, "what the hell, bro?"

"I thought you knew," I shrugged defensively, "I thought Emmaline told you—"

"I don't care about Emma!" He snapped before shaking his head when my eyebrows rose, "no. That came out wrong, I care about her but— you know what I mean! How could you not tell me? What?"

"Aren't you supposed to be her cousin?" I asked, "plus, how did you not know? Everyone knows."

"Everyone?!" Zade broke, "dude, you know how angry Jett will be at you?"

I rubbed the back of my neck awkwardly, "well... Jett kind of already knows? She's the reason how this happened."

"What?" He widened his eyes, "how could you do that to me? I thought we were something."

"Something?"

"Bro," he shook his head, "did you ever think about telling me? I thought we were— you know what, whatever. I don't even care."

𝓢𝓮𝓮 𝓜𝓮On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara