5

Adhyaan:

I wasn't sure if my actions were right or wrong, and I couldn't permit it to happen to any girl, even though I was well aware of what was going to happen.And that looked so innocuous, and she was looking way too helpless.

 I did not know why I said that she was my wife, because the guy did not believe me that we shared any relation because he clearly said that they were both going down different paths. So I don't think so, saying any other relationship would have also worked between us.

it was clearly written on that guy's face that he did not take my lie , that she is my wife . My mind was honestly not thinking what's wrong and what is right, i was just thinking of ways to take her out of this mess at that moment because what if someday my sister would be in her place.So , i just went along as they said and made her wear the mangalsutra and filled her hair  partition and alas she became my wife within seconds.

I dont even know her name and yet ironically she is my wife now. I never thought about marriage heck it wasn't in my list anyway soon or this early . Even if not in the list but not atleast in this way , I just looked at her who was still beside me and i was holding her hand because we are not yet out of here.

the landlord said " you both can go now".

I took her hand and was going ahead when one of the guy commented " itni achi ladki thi, mauka nikal gaya".

I took hold of his neck and said in the most nonsense tone " ab biwi hai vo meri, muh sambhal ke baat kar".

As my hold was getting tight , she pulled my shoulders from behind and said "please, chor dein".

I left that person and started moving towards my car along with her , and unlocked the passenger seat door for her and made her sit comfortably in the seat . I sat on the driving seat and sighed as I was having ni clue what to do and where should i drop her , shall i start the conversation with her?

In the mean time i heard a meek voice saying "Thankyou".

sejal :

I didnt knew what to talk , we were in an uncomfortable silence inside the car . So i broke it by saying thankyou to him as i genuinely felt the urge to say it , because if he wouldn't had  come in time to save me god knows what not would have happened with me .I did not knew what else to speak so i waited for his reply patiently when he said

" its fine, i would have helped any girl in place of you" he replied in calm yet serious tone.

I was quiet , did not knew what to speak further and after a couple of minutes he sighed and asked "what is your name?"

i replied "sejal", i did not knew whether i should ask his name also or not. But I asked him anyways keeping my thoughts beside and finally spoke meekly"what is yours ?"

he stated"adhyaan". i just replied slowly with an oh and stayed quiet not knowing what else to speak in this awkward situation. And I repeated his name once again on my toungue , almost like a whisper it feels like even my body too is trying to adjust with this name , alas it's foreign name which should not be foreign anymore.

Where as I was zoned out  he further asked "where do you stay?" 

I replied by giving the address, then he typed the address in the google maps and turned on the directions and started his car, there were many questions running in my mind I wanted to ask him several questions regarding him, what does he do ?what are we supposed to do with this marriage ? but aksed none. For me marriage holds a very special place i just can't let it go as a joke or a funny story, I respect this marriage and our relation .But i don't know whether he even considers this relation?

Then he said in a cold voice " dekho , jo hua ab usko badal nahi sakte hai , aap meri biwi ho ab , but mujhe pata nahi hai ab kya karna hai aage. Mujhe thoda time dein sab kuch se adjust hone mein. Tab tak kuch mujhse expect na karein "

I stayed quiet not knowing what to say on this

He said " kuch bolna hai ?"

I said "pata nahi , jaisa aapko thik Lage . But mein is shaadi ko maanti hu aur kuch nahi" I said very slowly not knowing about his reaction whether he accepts our marriage or not.

He didn't replied and we both stayed silent for next of the whole ride . We both went silent after that .

Then he spoke "left or right?"

At first I asked huh?. Then he said direction so I got to my senses and understand what was he asking and replied slowly

"aage se left our rok dein, aage mein chali jaungi"

He said "thik hai ".

He halted the car and then as I stepped out of the car and was about to walk ahead he stopped me and said "ruko, ese hi jaana hai ?" In deep voice.

I didn't understand anything and asked slowly "kya?"

He eyed my sindoor and mangalsutra, then I started to hide my mangalsutra inside my shirt and did my hair such that my sindoor isn't visible. He just stared at me , I just said him thanks for the coat  and started to go from there.

Then I reached my hom around almost 12 in the night . My mom came out of the room hearing some noises , but as I was wearing my coat so she couldn't figure out my messed up state, also I didn't wanted to share .I didn't wanted to create a scene and make her stressed .

She asked me how was the interview I replied it was good .Before she could ask me too many questions I just excused myself to my room by saying I'm already exhausted and tired .

So then I went slowly upstairs to my room, closed the door and removed the coat from my shoulders and sat down on the ground looking at it with deep emotions.

Thinking about how I got married to a complete stranger today . I barely know anything about him except his name and the coat which he gave me today.

I started touching the coat and started tracing it with my hands while my tears were slowly coming out . This is the only thing which belongs to him ,I will forever be grateful to him for saving my life . I don't know about him much or anything else like what type of person he is but I respect him for what he did today.

For me marriage holds a very special place in my heart . After my first heartbreak I gave up on finding love , because I used to think whoever is meant to me God will make them come into my life in anyways and after today's episode, I don't know whether he's meant for me or not but  this marriage holds importance for me in my life .

I was at this point of my life when marriage was no where and here ironically I'm someone's wife , that too complete stranger we don't even know each other . I don't know what future has in stored for me

He is a very good person, I don't know whether he wants to keep this marriage or not but as in for me. I am going to stay faithful and loyal to him , I don't know where my life is taking me at this point of time.

I was silently staring at the coat and kept it close to me and was looking no where but just closing my eyes and thinking about all the incidence happened today. And I don't know when sleep consumed me