22

Sejal :

So, when I woke up today around eight-thirty, it took me a while to fully come back to reality. But then, all of a sudden, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I remembered the scene from last night in the kitchen, where I saw Adhyaan and Natasha standing really close to each other. It was one of those moments that made me question if there was something more going on between them.

You know, that feeling of suspicion and curiosity that just won't leave your mind? Well, it was exactly like that. And as I started to dwell on these thoughts, my head started pounding with a terrible headache. I didn't want to stress myself out even more, so I decided to take a breather and freshen up in the bathroom. Sometimes, it's best to take a step back and focus on self-care when things get overwhelming.

Even though I knew I had woken up late, I just didn't have the energy left in me after everything that happened yesterday. It was my first day at work, and he didn't even take a few minutes to wish me luck throughout the entire day. But maybe it's my fault for expecting too much. Yesterday couldn't have gone any worse. The stress of the office and the constant thoughts of Adhyaan and Natasha consumed my mind the entire day. It felt like a never-ending loop of frustration and disappointment.

After freshening up, I decided to keep things simple and not put too much effort into my outfit. I wasn't really in the mood to dress up anyway. So, I chose something light and casual to wear. As I made my way towards the dining area, I couldn't help but feel a sense of emptiness. I knew that by this time, everyone else in the house must have already had their breakfast and gone off to their respective jobs. It's like I'm just a formality, a mere presence that Adhyaan brought into this house. And now, it seems like I'm expected to do the same. It's disheartening to feel like I'm just going through the motions, without any real connection or purpose.

As I entered the living room, I noticed that almost everyone was gathered there. Prateek uncle, Neha aunty, Rajeev uncle, Niyati aunty, Anil uncle, Shweta aunty, Vedant, and the trio, Tara, Urvashi, and Natasha, were all seated together. It was quite a sight to see the whole family in one place. And there, in the midst of it all, was dadi. I rarely see her outside of her room as she isn't feeling well most of the time. She prefers to stay in her room, seeking solace and rest.

I remember there was a time when I tried to strike up a conversation with dadi. It was a fleeting moment, but I wanted to connect with her and maybe bridge the gap between us. However, just like Neha aunty, Tara, Urvashi, and the rest of the family members, except Prateek uncle and Rajeev uncle, they all seemed to have some sort of aversion towards my presence. On the other hand, Prateek uncle, Rajeev uncle, and Vedant are more neutral. They neither appreciate my presence nor do they have a problem with it. In a way, it's a relief to have some neutrality rather than being completely disregarded or disrespected.

Amongst the crowd, my eyes instinctively searched for one person in particular - Adhyaan. But as expected, he wasn't there. I guess I shouldn't have had any expectations in the first place. After all, it's their family matter, their wish. It's not my place to meddle or worry too much about it. So, to distract myself, I decided to get back to prepare myself a simple snack - some bread and butter. As I made my way out of the kitchen, lost in my thoughts, I accidentally collided with something hard. The impact almost sent me tumbling, but luckily, I managed to catch onto whatever came into my hand, preventing a fall.

And, when I finally snapped out of my daze, I couldn't believe my eyes. The person I had collided with was none other than Adhyaan himself. It was a surreal moment, considering what had happened yesterday. I never expected to see him again, let alone have a conversation with him. It felt like he had vanished into thin air after yesterday's events. He seemed , so preoccupied from yesterday Maybe it's best to avoid bringing up that topic and just let it go for now.