26

Sejal :

The night came to an end, and a new day dawned in the house. Just like any other day, the morning routine kicked in, and we all gathered around the dining table for breakfast. It was a typical day in the household, filled with familiar routines and activities.

Soon, everyone gathered at the dining table, and I joined them as well. I decided to sit at a distance from him because Natasha was already seated there.

After a while Tara spoke

"Let's go shopping, it's been so many days since you have taken us somewhere out" she spoke while trying to complain.

But Adhyaan focused on eating

Feeling ignored, she couldn't help but whine once again, dragging out her words in frustration. It seemed like nobody was paying attention to her.

"Brother, I'm talking to you."

So he replied

" I'm listening tara , didn't you went to shopping a few days back?."

So she spoke in defence

"But, I want to go today also and anyways you don't have a wife now. So, why don't I spend you money"

So he spoke raising his eyebrows

" And Why do you think that after I have a wife, you can't spend my money?."

She spoke while thinking and trying to make sense

"Because this is what happens? And it's not like you have a wife, so let's go"

While he muttered something under his breath saying

She doesn't even spend now

and finally spoke

"Alright, once I return from the office, I shall take  you out."

But she again interjected in between saying

" Let's go now, please"

Before he could say something, Natasha also joined her in between and spoke

"Yes , adhyaan. It's been long since we have spent time together."

And again Tara spoke " Please"

So he gave in and nodded his head saying

" within 15 minutes, make yourself ready."

And before he could end his statement he eyed towards me and spoke authoritatively

"Sejal, do get ready as well. You shall also accompany."

He left no room for me to argue in front of everyone, and I could see the cringed expressions on their both faces in response to my presence.

Feeling that way, I headed to my room to get dressed, pondering why he had asked me to go. I didn't want to spend time with someone who didn't appreciate my presence, and I couldn't understand why he couldn't grasp such a simple concept from their behavior.

As I was selecting my dress and getting dressed, I reached for a pair of earrings to match my outfit when I heard a knock on my door. Curious, I went to answer it and was greeted by Adhyaan, who had a smile on his face.

And asked "May I?"

While asking me the permission to come inside the room .

I just nodded my head, and he looked around and then entered my room and I spoke

" Why did you come?"

But he just spoke casually while sitting on the bed and spoke

" Why ?can't I even enter my wife's room now? It feels like I'm being kept away."

I spoke " No"

But he just smiled at me and spoke

"Well, Mrs. Adhyaan, I've managed to sneak my way into your room already."

So I spoke while folding my hands near my chest

"Well, if you found your way in so easily, I'm sure you can find your way out using that same way"

But to my words he sat more casually on the bed and spoke

"Well,  I'm not really in the mood to leave."

But I spoke against him

" Go outside, I've to get ready"

But he checked me from head to toe and spoke with a smile

"You're already looking drop-dead gorgeous. How much more do you wish to?"

But I spoke adamantly

"I want to get ready more, now move."

But this time he looked into my eyes and spoke with a mischievous smile

"Are you planning to kill me?."

Ignoring his statement, I walked over to the dressing table to examine the earrings. I held each one up to my ears, trying to decide which one would complement my outfit better.

He spoke

" left one is looking nice."

Ignoring his statement, I intentionally chose to wear the earring on the right side.

With a chuckle, he approached me and whispered softly near my ears,

" That's why I went with the left one."

His words carried a playful tone, as if he knew the reason behind my decision.

I looked at him in surprise and attempted to remove my earrings again, but he gently held my wrists and said,

"Keep it on, please"

His words were filled with a sense of insistence, as if he wanted me to keep the earrings on.

Then, he reached into his pocket and carefully placed something near my neck, maintaining a slight distance.

And he spoke "shall I?"

To which I questioned " why ?"

To which he just chuckled and said

"Because I want to."

But I got irritated and spoke again

"But why are you giving me this?."

This time, he gently placed it near my neck and looked at me through the mirror. With a soft voice, he said,

"Here you go."

His eyes met mine, and it felt like he was trying to create a special connection with me. A strange tickle ran through my breath, as if this small gesture made me feel extraordinary.

"It was because you have started your new job and I couldn't even wish you a good luck , and I felt guilty about that so."

I was quite taken aback when he revealed that he had bought me a necklace simply because he hadn't wished me good luck. So, I mustered up the courage to ask him out.

" But, I guess it was a bit unnecessary for such a small thing."

So he replied me calmly

"Matter is small, but not for me and about this necklace, I'm giving you because I wanted to give you. Now I don't even have this much rights on my wife?."

To which I couldn't say much and I just nodded my head . Though I had much more to say regarding Natasha but I just didn't find the right words to voice out or maybe I wasn't sure that should I approach about that or not. So , I just let it go.

So after a few minutes he spoke

" I'm going now, will wait for you all outside."

To which I just nodded and he just smiled and left from there.

After some time, when I was ready and checked myself again, my eyes unintentionally fell on a pair of earrings, and a small smile appeared on my face. I stepped out of my room and as I approached the parking area, I noticed that Natasha and Tara were already seated. Tara was sitting in the backseat, while Natasha occupied the passenger seat. Taking that as a cue, I joined Tara in the backseat.