Introduction

We all know the story of werewolves. Half man, half human creatures who kill anything and everything in their presence. Creatures that dwell in the night on the full moon, waiting to strike at anyone. Their bites cursing innocents.

But these are just tales. Myths.

Humans seem to believe them. Some don't even know that we exist.

Our world was different from the human world. It was hidden from them. Hidden so that we could live a peaceful life.

The human world was a dangerous place, rogues usually went to the human world as they were of no use here. They spend the rest of their years in banishment either hunted by human hunters or playing around with them.

Humans will never truly understand us. They will never understand our priorities compared to theirs. They will never understand the meaning of many things.

The real story of werewolves remains hidden to them. Because if they knew──if they all knew──we would all be dead. Tortured. Humans would want to run a thousand tests on us and try to find a serum to turn them into werewolves. But there is no such as turning a human into a werewolf.

We were created as guardians to protect, but humans were ungrateful and treated us like we were slaves. Treated us as if we were nothing. As if they ruled the world.

That was when our ancestors──pure bloods──created another realm called Clythian──just for us. It was then ruled by two packs. Two pure blood alphas. A grey wolf and a dire wolf.

But after a few hundred years, the two packs went to war because of breeding. Fate mated grey wolves and dire wolves together and it didn't sit well with the alphas.

When war didn't solve anything, they split the lands into three. Then four. Then five. Until there were nine packs ruling over our realm.

Then there were mates. Soul mates. Our other half. The moon goddess blessed each of us with a mate. Someone who will cherish us and love us unconditionally.

I wanted a mate ever since I was a child. I've never grew up with my parents. I never knew them. I lived with my aunt and belonged to the Shadow Pack. But through others, I've heard stories. And every time I witnessed two mates together, I knew that I wanted that.

But all that changed.

On the night of my eighteenth birthday I found my mate kissing my best friend in the woods.

He was the future alpha of my pack.

He always thought he was better than everyone. Almost every week he slept with a different girl. He was like a playboy and never cared about the fact that one day he'd be mated.

He didn't apologize for his mistakes. He treated me as if I was an object that he possessed. He was controlling and manipulative.

Eventually, I found out that he continued to sleep with other girls behind my back. I couldn't say I was surprised. It was nothing to me. Because every day, again and again, I was hurt. The feeling became neutral.

Until I decided to run away...