Chapter Eighteen

Esra's POV

The taste of blood lingered in my mouth. I opened my eyes slowly as they squinted at the bright lights.

I tried to move but I couldn't. I realised that I was tied to a chair.

"Someone's up earlier than they should be." A male voice echoed in my ears. I was too drowsy to figure out who it was. I could barely open my eyes anymore. The sweat dripped from my face.

"I laced the rope with wolfsbane. But it hasn't effected you that much. I wonder why."

I raised my head slowly and tried to look at the male figure in front of me. The figure was blur but as he walked closer to me I had a better view.

"Alpha Zephyrus?" I breathed.

"Ah yes, Argent. You remember. I wish I had killed all the Argents, but your stupid aunt pleaded for her life." He grunted.

"W-What are you t-talking about?" My sight began to get blurry again.

"She didn't tell you, did she?" He asked. "Azrael and I were taking down the Silver Moon Pack and suddenly we came across a lady with a pup and a demon wolf. She pleaded for her life and Azrael let her go but took the demon wolf. I thought Azrael took care of you but it seems like he didn't."

"Sulia... Sulia tried to turn me into Damon." I felt like the air from my lungs was escaping. The blood still oozed from my chest. The wolfsbane was preventing my wound from healing.

"But you failed. You're so weak."

"W-Why are you doing this?" I looked up at him.

"Because..." He stepped closer and grabbed my face. "I want this world to be ruled by purebloods not hybrids."

"We're not hybrids."

"You are all descended by grey wolves or dire wolves. That makes you hybrids." He grunted.

"So are you. He'll kill you." He dropped my face from his grasp.

"Azrael never breaks his promises. He is a man of his word." Arnold assured me.

"What has he promised you?" I asked.

"A better world."

I scoffed. "In what way? Did he mean a better world here or in the after life?"

He scowled. "Shut up, woman!"

"But am I right?" I smirked. "He doesn't care about you."

"That's it. I've had enough of you." He gritted his teeth and banged the door closed as he left.

I was left alone in the dark room but my night vision helped me to see. The wolfsbane laced rope that tied me onto the chair burned against my skin.

I was losing a lot of blood too. I needed to get the ropes out off of me.

I released my claws and began to cut the rope that tied my hands behind me. I felt so much pain everywhere. My vision started to get blurry again. I tried to hurry and cut through the ropes faster.

After several minutes, the ropes were loose. I fell to the hard floor. I allowed myself to heal while I relaxed on the cold concrete floor.

I took in deep breaths. My wound began to heal properly but the pain still lingered.

I groaned as I got up from the floor. I studied the room I was in. It looked like a store room, but there was nothing except for the chair that I was tied to.

I sensed no one on the other side of the door. I grabbed the handle and twisted it. It was still open.

Not a very smart idea when you have someone kept hostage.