Chapter Nineteen

"I'm sorry." Zade mind linked me.

Finally, he has some sense in his brain to apologize. I never would have expected Zade, of all people, to apologize.

He trotted toward the porch where I stood and nuzzled me. I bent down to pet his head. In that moment, he shifted into his human form. His lips slammed into mine, taking away the remaining breath I had.

I melted into his touch but I still had a little sense left to push him away.

"Zade-" he cut me off as he pushed me inside the pack house.

"Zade!" I yelled. "What is wrong with you?"

"I'm sorry. I just have to." He pushed me up the stairs but in a gentle way. I still didn't like it.

"Zade, what are you doing?" I shrieked as he lifted me up onto his shoulder.

"Something I should have done a long time ago." He said in his husky tone.

He went to his bedroom and laid me on the bed. He began stripping.

"Zade, no. I can't. What are you-" he cut me off with a kiss. His soft beer scented lips crashed against mine. I melted into his grasp once again and I had no control over it. My body stopped fighting and yet my mind protested in every way possible.

I came to my senses and pushed him away. "Zade, what has gotten into you?"

"I'm sorry, Esra, but I have to." He only had his boxers on. He hovered over me. "Esra, please. I need to claim you as mine. I need to claim you fully. If I don't then other things are going to happen."

"Other things like what?" I asked.

"It's not important right now." He sighed. "I don't want to force you into this, Esra." He grazed his teeth against my ear.

My heart thumped loud all the way to my ears. I was aroused and I know Zade could smell it as I could smell his.

"Zade." I sighed. "Don't ever say that those things are not important. You need to talk to me."

He growled and buried his face in my hair. He inhaled the lavender scent that lingered in my hair.

"If something ever has to happen...to any of us...I just want to be able to believe there's someone else here too. You're the last tundra wolf, Esra." He picked his head up from my hair and stared at me.

I stared into those sparkling puppy eyes.

"Please, Esra." He looked at me with those saddened eyes again. The heat built up between us instantly. There was no way I could deny this even though I wanted to.

My wolf begged for his touch the more I denied it. The wolf inside craved for his touch more than anything else. I needed it. My wolf needed it.

But the fact that he wanted me to have his pup. The fact that I'd become a mother. Was I even ready?

It didn't matter. Zade was right. I was the last tundra wolf and I needed to produce another. I couldn't let the Argent bloodline end.

I gave in.

Zade saw the expression on my face and whispered. "Thank you." He dropped his head to kiss me and I easily melted into his hold again and gave into the kiss.

I allowed his tongue to mingle and explore every corner of my mouth. The beer taste still lingered in his mouth.

He broke from the kiss for two seconds to rip my clothes off of my body. I couldn't care less about it. I rolled him over so I could be on the top but he easily rolled me again and I ended up at the bottom again.

He let out a sexy growl. I purred as he broke from the kiss and breathed along my neck. I felt him smirk against my skin.

I ripped his boxers off. I felt his length rub against my wet thighs. I moaned and ached for it.

Zade pushed two fingers into me. I moaned and my nails dug into his back. He pulled them out and sucked his fingers. "I love it when you're wet for me." He growled. "All mine."

"All yours." I breathed. It felt like an instinct to say. I had no control over anything. Even my mind felt like it was playing tricks on me.

I felt his shaft close to my entrance. He pushed into me hard. I screamed at the sudden movement. "Zade." I moaned.

He thrust in and out of me. I felt so much emotions rush through me.

Once I reached my climax, I blacked out.

_________________

"Esra!"

"Esra!"

I heard people shout my name. I heard murmurs all around me but I couldn't grasp anything they were saying except for that constant voice shouting my name.

I tried to open my eyes but everything was so blurry. My eyes were weary as if I haven't slept for days.

I blacked out again.

________________

My head throbbed with so much pain. The pain was more intense than any other pain. It was like I was hungover or something.

My eye lids fluttered open. My eyes adjusted to the bright lights that immediately switched off after I groaned.

"Zade?" I whispered.

"I'm right here, Esra." He squeezed my hand. "How are you feeling? Are you okay?"

"What happened?" I asked, sitting up. Zade pushed a pillow behind my back.

"You blacked out after your climax." He said.

"Oh." I quickly hid my flushed cheeks. I cleared my throat. "How did that happen?"

"Well, you're wounds were still healing. The wolfsbane really did some damage." He looked at my stomach. I picked up the hospital gown from my side, away from Zade, and saw thick bandages wrapped around my stomach.

"It wouldn't stop." Zade's voice was grufy.

"How long have I been out?" It looked like it was almost afternoon.

"About two hours."

"What about Frederic?" I remembered everything that had happened. They were all working for Azrael.

"Don't worry about that." He squeezed my hand. "The other packs are guarding everything. They're putting up more mountain ash. And don't worry, they're putting it by the beach too so no one can come in the way you escaped." He chuckled and shook his head.

I smiled a shy smile but it quickly faded. I sighed. "What are we going to do?" I stared up at the ceiling.

"Hey, we'll sort this out. I promise." He kissed the back of my hand.

I looked at him. "I'm scared."

"I know. And it's okay. We'll get through this. The other packs won't let anything happen to you. I'm the Alpha of all Alpha's. I'm the dire wolf. They all worship me. And you're the last tundra wolf. They wouldn't want the last tundra wolf dying." He comforted me. "You're my Luna. I would never let anything happen to you."

"Zade-"

"Even if I have to face them on my own to protect you, I will."

I sighed. "Zade, you shouldn't risk your life for me."

"I have to. I... I love you, Esra. I can't lose you." He stared into my eyes with sorrow. His eyes pleaded for me to agree.

"I can protect myself, Zade."

He sighed. "You can say that, but I'll never stop protecting and loving you."

I smiled a weak smile. "I just want all this to pass. I'm tired of this." I wanted to say my life was better in the human world. But I didn't want to hurt Zade again. And besides, I can't go back. That place is crawling with hunters.

"I know. We will declare war." His expression grew serious. "And we will win."