Chapter Six

Maristela and I stared at Zade speechless.

"You do?" I asked.

He nodded. "Let's go to my office."

I looked at Maristela. "I'll be back soon." She nodded.

Zade opened the door and gestured for me to exit first. After I did, he followed and did the same by his office. I entered first.

"Esra, before I tell you what I think is going on... Can we talk?"

I crossed my arms over my chest. "Zade, I'm only here because of Maristela. I know what it's like to lose a family. I've been there. And I don't want her to go through exactly what I went through. I never lived a peaceful life. From now on we'll only talk about pack business and how to help Maristela. That's it. There's nothing between us."

"Then why don't you reject me."

Because it will ruin me too. "I've suffered for the past five years. I don't want to anymore." I said.

"And you think I didn't?"

"It's your fault. You're the reason we're like this."

He sighed. "You're right. And I'm sorry."

I went back to the original topic. "What were you saying about 'knowing what's going on'?"

He pinched the bridge of his nose. "Alright. We'll have that conversation another time. We need to focus on this."

"I've never thought about that." I said sarcastically.

He pulled out a map from his shelf and placed it on the table.

"These are the nine packs. The Shadow Pack, Darkwood Pack, Silver Moon Pack, Silver Star pack, Wind Winder Pack, Fire Moon pack, Ever Green Pack, Snow Moon Pack and Crystal Moon Pack."

I stared at the map.

"The Silver Moon Pack was taken down twenty years ago. Yesterday the Silver Star Pack was taken down. A few years back the Darkwood Pack was taken down. What if they're all related?"

My fists were balled up ready to punch someone. The same rogues taking down all the packs are responsible for my parents' death. My jaw clenched. "It could be. Who's the new Alpha of the Silver Moon Pack?"

Zade pulled out a book. It almost looked like a journal. It was brown with a lock. It looked quite old. Zade dusted it and opened it. He searched through the pages.

"Azrael Grey." He said.

"Grey." I murmured.

"He's a grey wolf." Zade stated. "He was a rogue. My father had been doing a similar research on him. He was exiled from the Wind Winder Pack."

"The one by the mountains?" I asked.

"I see you remember some things."

I ignored his smirk.

"We'll leave for the Wind Winder Pack tonight. We'll reach there tomorrow hopefully. We need to find out more about Azrael."

I nodded. "But who are the Alphas of the Silver Star pack and Darkwood pack?"

"I don't know. I'll send my troops to visit the Darkwood pack. It's just across our pack, deeper in the Darkwood forest." He said.

My body tingled when he said 'our pack'.

"Okay."

I left his office to pack some supplies in a duffel bag I found lying in my wardrobe. I wouldn't be needing many things.