Chapter Two

I had a rough few days. It wasn't easy looking at other couples and feeling all alone. I should have known. Should have known from the start that he would find his mate. Fate had it's ways.

His mate's name was Claire. She was the new topic everyone seemed to be obsessed with. She was pretty. Gorgeous in fact. Slim, blond hair.

I sighed at my computer, continuing with my work. I had a huge event to plan. Belhaven was having a fundraising event, inviting almost every business to donate. The main goal was to raise enough money to renovate all the orphanages in the city and to create great opportunities for the children.

I had to make a lot of calls to sort out the decor as well as the food.

After work, I took an Uber to pick up my order from the restaurant I always went to with Derek.

Sighing, I entered. "Hi, I came to pick up my order. I ordered coffee."

"Sure, I'll get it." The sweet lady, said.

I pulled out my phone from my pocket when it beeped. I tapped on the notification only to see Derek with Claire. And not just anywhere, they were in this restaurant.

I lifted my head and found Derek and Claire sitting my the window at the far end of the restaurant. I looked away quickly. The lady came back with my order. I paid quickly and took it. "Thanks."

I turned around only to hit into someone and spill my coffee all over that person.

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry." And when I looked up, horror crossed my face.

"It's been five years Esra. Five years. By the way, it was nice of you to ignore me." He purred.

I stood still. I couldn't move.

How could I not notice him? One, he masked his scent. Two, he looks so different. And three, I had no idea.

He walked closer to me as I stepped back. My back hit against the wall and I had nowhere else to go.

His face was only inches away from mine.

I hadn't notice Derek come towards us until he stood between us.

"If it isn't Derek Loa. Or should I say, " His eyes turned red. "Maybe, I won't tarnish your name like that."

Derek growled. "Leave her alone."

Zade turned back to me. "Why?" He asked, ignoring Derek.

"I hate you." I pushed him away and walked towards the exit. He stood still with a smile on his face.

"You can't hide anymore Esra. I will come for you."

Derek didn't seem to say anything as Zade eyed him from head to toe. Claire pulled Derek aside when people started recording.

I walked out of the restaurant without turning back. I can't believe he still had the audacity to treat me like an object. He can't even apologize. Oh wait, alphas don't apologize. What do I even expect from him?

I didn't bother to run. I wasn't weak. I wanted him to know that I'm not scared of him.

When I reached my house, I opened the door and went straight to Carroll and Carter.

"You won't believe who I saw... Are you kidding me?" Zade sat on the couch with both of them.

Maybe I should have ran.

"Thought I'd find you here." He said, his right ankle crossed over his left knee and his arms dropped at the back of the couch.

"I'd rather die than be with you." I turned around and went upstairs. Before I reached my room I was pinned against the wall.