Chapter Sixteen

We walked along the pathway that led to the island. I sensed wolves near. It was like they were expecting us.

As we walked, a tall thin man stood by a tree. He wasn't as muscular as every other guy I've seen. He was different. Different like those wolves.

"Esra Argent, it's a pleasure to meet you. Alpha Frederic is waiting for you." The guy said. "I'm Jonathan. Johnathan Marino. The Alpha's son." He held his hand out but quickly pulled it back and smiled shyly. "Forgive me. I didn't know you were mated."

I swore in my head. Every male that came in contact with me will fear to at least lay a finger on me because they'll sense I'm mated to a powerful Alpha.

"Hi there." He waved at Maristela who hid behind me. "Is this your daughter?" He asked.

"Not exactly but I consider her as my own." I said.

"Oh okay. I won't keep you standing here for long. Follow me." I didn't reply. I just followed him.

After a few minutes of walking he stopped. He waved his hands around and a pathway shimmered. He turned to me and smiled. "Protection spell."

"Oh, right." I nodded and walked through with him. He waved his hands around again and the shimmers faded.

"Right this way."

We entered what I assumed was the pack house. Since it was a large mansion. There were a lot of wave pictures on it. It actually looked beautiful and the design went well with the mansion.

We entered the pack house and an unfamiliar scent hit my nose. It must have been the Alpha. A tall muscular man walked through. He was nothing like Jonathan.

"Esra Argent, it's so lovely to finally meet you." He said. He looked like he was in his late thirties or early forties.

"Like wise." I said. He didn't shake my hand. This pack really had respect. Well at least Jonathan and Frederic.

"I'm sure you're aware of who I am." He smiled.

"Yes, Frederic... Marino?" I wasn't sure of the last part.

"Correct. Please take a seat. There's a lot I would like to discuss with you." He looked at Maristela and smiled. "Hello, how are you?"

"I'm good and you?"

"I'm very good. What's you're name?"

"Maristela." She said shyly.

"That's a beautiful name." His smile grew wider. "Is she your daughter?"

I shook my head. "No, but I consider her as one." I took a seat on the double couch. Maristela sat next to me. Frederic sat on the single couch diagonally on my left. Jonathan sat on another single couch next to him.

"Anything to drink?" Frederic asked.

"No, I'm good." I said.

"I'm good, thanks." Maristela said after me.

Frederic nodded. "So where should we begin?" He looked at his son.

"Who are you guys?" I asked.

"We're sea wolves. And this is our pack. The Ocean Howl Pack."

"How come I've never heard of it?"

"We like to keep this pack a secret. The other packs like the Wind Winder Pack or the Fire Moon Pack like to target us a lot." Frederic explained.

"And the Crystal Moon Pack." Jonathan added.

"And the Crystal Moon Pack." The Alpha sighed.

"Why?" I asked.