Chapter Five

It didn't surprise me that the word 'sorry' never occurred to Zade. I should have known better.

Maybe he has changed a little bit but that one part of Zade remained.

I needed some alone time and I wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone so I decided to go to the river opposite the Darkwood forest. I hoped that Zade wouldn't come after me.

All I ever wanted was to have a loving mate. But Zade──Zade is the opposite of that. What did I ever do to deserve this?

If Zade hadn't been how he was five years ago then right now we would've had pups. I just wanted a family of my own one day.

But all I did was suffer from a heart break. Day after day. Year after year. And even now the pain still lingered.

I found the river and sat on a big rock close to the water, throwing pebbles and small rocks in the water. I hadn't shifted into my wolf yet.

I wanted to punch the trees until blood was smeared everywhere but the scent of blood would only attract more wolves and definitely rogues.

I heard a twig snap from across me. A pair of green eyes stared at me from the shadows.

"Who are you?" I asked.

A small girl stepped out from the shadows, injured and shaking. She collasped.

"Please don't kill me." She begged, "My family──my family has just been killed by rogues and they took over my father's pack." She looked up at me with tears in her eyes.

She was just a little girl and she had to face all this?

Something struck my head. I groaned as I massaged my temples. Almost like a distant memory tugging onto a thin line in my head. And I felt a similarly of what she just faced, but I couldn't explain it...

The river across wasn't that deep but it could easily wash her away. So I walked through first, trying to withstand the current. The water stung my legs as I walked. By the time I reached the other end of the river bank, I was soaked.

"Come here." I whispered, pulling her into my arms and carrying her back. "I'm so sorry." I kissed her head. "Which pack are you from?"

"T-the S-S-Silver Star Pack."

I gasped. "The rogues killed Alpha Diego Centaurus?" The second most powerful alpha.

"N-No. He was my grandfather. My father was Alpha Ian Centaurus." She sobbed.

"Okay. I need you to tell me your name and how old you are and I'll take you to the pack house to be treated. You're injured badly." She flinched. "Don't worry, they won't harm you. I'm the Luna."

"My name is Maristela Centaurus. I'm──I'm seven years old."

"Okay. Can you walk?" I asked her.

She shook her head. I looked at her leg. It was bruised badly. "Okay, I'll carry you." I picked her up and ran back to the pack house.

I kicked the doors open when I entered. Everyone stopped and stared at me.

"I need the pack doctor, now!" I shouted. Jackson came rushing towards me.

"What happened?"

"I'll explain later. She needs help."

"Okay." Jackson took her from my arms and ran to the pack doctor. I followed him.

When we reached the doctor took her from us. We weren't allowed to enter the room. They were going to do an operation because she had a bullet stuck in her side. Luckily, it wasn't silver.