Chapter One

I waited for my boyfriend, Derek, outside his work place. I decided to surprise him today since I finished early from work. Normally, he'd be the one to pick me up.

"Where is he?" I mumbled to myself. The silver watch on my wrist ticked and ticked which made it seem like time was passing slower than a snail.

I've been waiting outside for the past twenty minutes and since the receptionist wouldn't let me in, I was forced to wait outside the huge building.

Derek was the CEO of Krystallo Jewels. He was a busy man but he'd always made time for me.

After five more minutes, I saw him walking out of the main entrance. He smiled when he spotted me not far from him. "Took you long enough."

"Sorry, I had so much papers to sign." His hand snaked around my waist and he pecked my lips softly.

"Why can't you give it to your assistant?" I pulled away, frowning.

"It was... personal documents."

Personal documents. Regarding the pack.

Derek wasn't just the CEO of Krystallo Jewels. He was the alpha, too. Rogues lived in the human realm. Rogues that Derek took in and formed a pack.

Derek and I decided to go to the restaurant just down the street from his office.

We both ordered the same thing on the menu and ate like a normal happy couple. But none of it was normal. And even though I loved him, I felt him pulling away from me day by day.

After and hour, I was home.

Entering the house would be a mission. I didn't want to hear another lecture from Carroll and Carter again. I opened the front door, and as usual, the door squeaked, due to it's rusty hinges. I prayed no one heard. The house was silent as I shut the door slowly, cringing when it squeaked again. I tried to walk to my room silently, but the floor boards creaked when I stepped on it.

What luck.

"Esra!" Carroll shouted. I turned around and saw Carroll and Carter standing at the entrance. I hadn't even heard them come behind me. "Do you know what time it is?" Carter asked.

"Five?" I looked at my watch. "Ohh... seven. Wow, okay." I put my hands up and surrendered, trying not to make any eye contact.

"Were you with that Derek?" Carter asked with irritation in his voice.

I sighed. "I'm twenty two not seventeen."

Carroll reached for me and I didn't pull away. "Esra, I can see it in your eyes. Something is wrong and you are not happy. You know all we want is for you to be happy."

I blinked away the tears but failed.

Carroll and Carter were werewolves too. They took me in after I entered the human realm and joined Derek's pack. They have always been there for me. And I am forever grateful to have them in my life. They are the only parental figures I've had in my life.

"Derek is the alpha here. Soon he'll find his mate and make her his luna." Carroll stated.

"I know you might be in love with him but you still have a─" Carter cut himself off when Carroll glared at him.

"Well hopefully he doesn't. And I do not have a mate." I crossed my arms, but didn't pull away from Carroll.

Carter growled. "Stop acting like a rebellious child. This world really got the better of you. Zade still loves you-"

"Don't!" I exclaimed. "Don't finish that sentence."

"Esra-"

"No. If Zade loved me he would've found me already. So where is he?" I asked them.