Chapter Eleven

After what felt like forever, we arrived. Eyes glued on me as I walked into the pack house coated in blood. Sulia's blood.

"Luna Argent, what happened to you? Let me help you." Tia, the omega said.

"It's okay. I'm fine. Just don't let Maristela see me like this. I don't want to scare her." Tia listened and went up to Maristela's room to make sure she didn't come down.

I ignored everyone's gaze as they looked even though Zade snapped at them a few minutes ago. Jackson came rushing towards me. "Esra, what happened to you?"

"I killed Sulia." I said bluntly.

"You killed your aunt?" He asked slowly.

"She killed my parents."

Before Jackson could say anything else, Zade came towards us. "I'll get Esra cleaned up. I need you to assemble extra guards at each post."

"Will do."

"Let's go, Esra." Zade's hand found their way to the as all of my back and led me to my room. "Clean up and then I'll take you to Trent." He said. "I want to make sure you're okay."

I nodded. "Thank you." I barely got the words out.

He nodded and left my room. Bile rose in my throat when I glanced at myself in the mirror. Pure disgust was all I could think about. I didn't even recognize myself.

The bathroom mirror said the same. Ignoring it, I showered while resting my head on the wall as the cold water ran down my body, washing away the remaining blood smeared on my hands and arms. Then I scrubbed myself.

Even though I was cleaned, the scent of lavender coating my skin, I still felt dirty. And suddenly, I wanted nothing to do with the colour red.

On my way to Zade's office, I found Tia. "Burn every red thing in my closet."

"Luna──"

"Please," I whispered. "I beg you."

She bowed, "I will take care of it right away." And then she was gone.

Walking into Zade's office, I said, "Zade, I really don't need to see Trent. I'm fine. My scratches healed." I half lied. I was in no mood to see anyone. I didn't need people to tell me how bad my bruises or anything were. I didn't even want to think about it.

He was seated in his fine leather chair, uncrossing his ankles to get up, he came over to me. "If that's what you want then okay. I won't force you." He raised his hands to touch my arms, but pulled away instantly. I half winced at that.

So I said, "I got information out of Sulia."

"Okay."

"Sulia did erase my memory. She said she did it because I knew too much. She trained me to become a killing machine. She said──" I inhaled. "She said," and exhaled, "that that's what I'm capable of, but I didn't have it in my heart to do so. She thought I was useless and weak so she erased my memory, killing my parents before that. She's involved in all the attacks. That black wolf is Damon. I don't know why, but I have a feeling that I know him."

"What else did she say?"

"She said that Damon will rule all the packs. And... I don't know if it's true..."

Zade frowned.

"She said we're all mixed breeds. Sub-species. She said that the moon goddess only created grey wolves and dire wolves."

Zade found a book from his bookshelf and flipped through the brown pages until he found what he was looking for.

"So it's true. The stories are true."

"What stories?" I asked.

"Centuries ago, the grey wolves and dire wolves were at war. The dire wolves were more powerful than them and kept winning every war. The war went on for years, decades. The dire wolves always won. The last war was three centuries ago. The Alpha's son fell in love with a grey wolf. She was the daughter of the other alpha. She was his mate. The elders objected. They didn't want a dire wolf with a grey wolf no matter what."

Zade shut the book closed.

"He killed his father and became the alpha. He killed the elders and whoever objected. He created a treaty with the grey wolves. His mate soon became the next alpha since she was the only child. So they joined the packs. He became the alpha and she became the luna. And everyone lived in peace."

"That's──wow. No words."

"Yeah."

"But the peace didn't last long." It wasn't a question.

"Apparently, there was war between the siblings. The great-great-great-great-great-great-grandchildren of that alpha and luna."

"So many greats."

"Indeed." Was all Zade said until I said.

"I think Azrael's family are the only grey wolves left."

"It is."

"I don't think Azrael is taking down the pack. Or at least not alone. Damon has a bigger say in everything." I said.

"It's strange."

"Zade." I took a deep breath. "There's one more thing."

"And that is?"

I opened my mouth to talk but I felt the words get caught in my throat. I hesitated and tried again. "Sulia killed your mother."

His anger concealed even though I saw the burning rage in his eyes. His body showed no such anger. Never had I seen Zade lose his temper.

"Zade," I whispered, "I'm──sorry." The silence between us began to eat me up from inside.

He looked down at me, eyes desolate. "I already know what happened."

My eyes were glassy as they reflected in his. "What? How?" My head shook slightly, my hands fisting his shirt. "How are you so calm?" And then the first drop of tear spilled, falling onto the floor.

"My father and Sulia were old friends. Maybe even lovers. Who knows? But he left my mother to die, claiming that there was no way to cure her. Even when I'd found something to help her, he threw it away."

My throat bobbed. "I'm so──so sorry."

"It's not your fault." He rasped. Can──can I touch you?"

I stilled.

"Not like that but," His hand reached for my cheek and caressed it gently.

His fingertips were so warn against my suddenly icy skin. "Zade," I whispered again.

"I love you,"

My lips parted as I stared into those black irises. "I──" I swallowed my words.

His lips brushed against mine and he breathed, "You don't have to say it back right now. I don't want to force you into this. I just want to show you."

I managed to say, "Show me what?"

"This,"

And then he kissed me. Passionately.

I didn't dare pull away. Not from something like this. My kisses were Derek were never like this. No, this──this was a kiss. The little sparks between us were fanned by the kiss. Flames ignited between us like wildfire.

And I suddenly didn't want this moment to end.

So I parted my lips, allowing him entrance. My eyes were shut as I awaited his tongue to tangle with mine.

He pulled away.

And then I felt a sharp pain on my neck.