Chapter Nine

"Esra-"

"Zade, for the last time..." I sighed. "Us can not happen right now."

"But why, Esra? Why?"

For the past half an hour, Zade and I have been arguing. Arguing about my future. Our future.

"We have a lot going on right now." I said.

"That's why I need you. I need you with me."

"And I am. Just not in that way." My gaze averting from him and out the window.

Zade stopped the car. "I need you. In every way possible. I want you, Esra." When I didn't answer, he said, "Let's go." And opened the door.

I turned my head and found guards stationed in front of us. I didn't realise that we've reached the Crystal Moon Pack's border so fast.

Before Zade could open my door, I took the opportunity of doing it myself. He growled in protest, which I ignored, infuriating him even more.

So I slammed the door, coming face to face with his pissed off face. I gave him a tap on the shoulder and pouted, "You took too long, and I got bored."

"It was only two seconds."

I shrugged, "Felt like eternity."

Zade opened his mouth to retort, but I brushed passed him, causing him to stumble back and use the Jeep as support. "Cruel." He muttered, with a hint of amusement.

The guards at the border weren't anything like the warriors at the Snow Moon Pack. They looked average size but wore leathers that had seven jewels attached to it. One each on both shoulders, one on the chest, one on each knee and one each on the back of their hands.

"Luna Kratos." One of them bowed. "The Alpha and Luna will be expecting you. Please, right this way." He gestured for me to go first.

I returned the smile to the guard when I saw Zade growing uneasy. Jealousy, I thought.

Taking a step into the border, I slipped. Or rather, something slammed into my ankle, causing me to lose my balance. I fell on my butt, the dizziness clawing onto my brain.

Zade rushed towards me, growling at the guards to back off. Black spots invaded my vision and I suddenly felt light headed. I could see glimpses of Zade's mouth moving, but heard nothing. Nothing at all, as if I was deaf.

Strong arms picked me up, no doubt that it was Something light touched my forehead before the darkness finally consumed me.

_________________

I awoke with a pounding headache. Instinctively, I shielded my eyes from the brightness of the room that slightly blinded me.

My eyes finally adjusted to the light as I spotted Zade resting against the wall by the door. "Zade?"

I looked at my surroundings. An elegant room lavish looking room with cream walls, crystal chandeliers, and almost everything else were made of crystals. The bed posts sparkled and reflected the sun's light, and cream sheets draped the top. The room almost looked like a princess's chamber.

"Where are we?" I finally asked, attempting to sit up. Zade pushed some pillows behind me. "Thanks."

"We're in the pack house."

"In the Crystal Moon pack house?" That explained why everything looked so foreign and elegant compared to the other packs' pack houses I've seen so far.

There was a knock on the door and Zade replied, "You can come in."

A girl──her skin almost gleaming in the sunlight──walked in with a tray. "Luna Argent, I'm so glad you're awake. Here, these are herbal fruits. It will help you heal faster."