Chapter Twelve

I've been wrapped around invisible chains all my life. But now──now those chains were visible.

And permanent.

I was marked.

Yesterday in Zade's office, he asked if he could touch me. And I let him touch me. I let him kiss.

But then he lost control. He couldn't fight the urge to mark me anymore.

I slapped him. Punched him. Clawed at his face and chest. Wrecked half of his office. And no matter how many times he'd said sorry, I couldn't find it in me to forgive him.

And now, I sat outside the bathtub, curled up in a ball, crying my life out.

'Please, forgive me.' His words echoed through my mind. I blocked the path he used to mind link me, but at the walls of my mind, his voice lingered and if I didn't know any better I'd say claws dragged along that wall as well.

There were bad people out there destroying packs. Including, Damon──the demon wolf. And that person Luna Mayu tried to mention.

Zade had already started to put mountain ash at the border. Only he would be able to break the shield.

The water in my bath got cold so I showered instead. Then changed into something comfortable and decided to go to bed early.

To my luck, a knock occurred on my door.

I knew it was Zade, but I opened the door anyway. "Yes?"

"I──" Shaking his head, he sighed. "I found something──regarding the demon wolf."

Damon.

Crossing my arms, I learned on the door frame. My eyes were still red from crying. I'd spotted it before I opened the door. And I didn't bother hiding it from him. Let him see he's the cause of it. "I'm listening."

He must have heard my thoughts because he said, "In my office." In a sternly manner.

I cursed silently. He must have heard my thoughts. I had to keep my walls up at all times. Sometimes my thoughts were projected without myself knowing. It was frustrating.

"No," I told him. "Whatever it is you have to say, say it here."

He growled, but obliged. "Damon was formally from the Silver Moon Pack."

"And?"

"Sit down." He ordered which I did not listen to. "I said sit."

"I'm not your dog."

He sighed, pushing me further into my room. "I'm sorry. Love of my life, light of my eyes, my luna, would you please do me the kindness of taking a seat. You'd want to sit for the next thing I tell you."

My nostrils flared, but I sat down. There wasn't much place for me to go, anyway. He had me cornered by my bed.

"Damon──" he started, "He's──Have you had any other memories of him?"

"Only the ones I've told you of." Which was true. I'd only remembered him that one time with my aunt and the impression of knowing him. Like I've known him my whole life.

He sighed, rubbing his face. "Damon is the heir to Alpha Dominic Argent."

I wasn't sure I was breathing.

"What did you say?"

"I'm saying," He held me as my body began shaking, "that Damon Argent is your brother."

"I──" I swallowed. My words going down as well.

Zade frowned, his head snapping to the distant yells of the guards. "He's here."

"Who?" I managed to ask.

"Damon."

Outside, I found Damon in chains. Zade's guards held him in silver chains. His skin swelled from the wolfsbane on it. He didn't seem to care.

"Stop it." I whispered. "Free him."

Zade studied me, "Release him." He told the guards, without leaving my stare.

Damon fell to the ground when they released him. He was weak. As if he'd been beaten up. There were fresh lashes and cuts on him.

He was tanned and muscled. Long, dark hair that reached his shoulders and black eyes. Like mine. He looked almost like me.

"Damon." I called. His head rose.

"Talk." Zade demanded.

I let the mental shield in my mind fall a bit, 'Let me handle this.'

He eyed me, and then nodded.

"Let me explain, Esra. I know I messed up." Damon started. "I know I've been a terrible brother. Sulia corrupted me. She always favoured me the most. Our parents didn't judge me for being a demon wolf. They know I wasn't bad. Well, they knew. I'm the one who brought Azrael into the pack. Sulia took over my mind. She made be believe so much nonsense. I only found out now that Azrael killed them. I found out from Sulia." He summarized everything briefly.

"You brought him into our home?" I felt tears prickle my eyes. The sting in my heart was too much. Worse than a silver knife dipped in wolfsbane.

"Sulia started to train me. She gave me wolfsbane everyday to inhale or drink it so that I'd become immune to it, and I am." That explained why he didn't flinch once. "She tried to train you but you had a good heart. At that time I despised it because Sulia told me the training was to take down the guy who attacked our pack. I was too young to take over the pack so Azrael took over. I thought he was helping us. Until I found out recently that Sulia did want us to kill the guy who took down our pack. She wanted me to kill Azrael. But she wanted me to help Azrael take down the other packs first."

"She was on both sides?" The tears finally broke free.

"That day you visited the Crystal Moon Pack... Something hit you──it was me." He asked.

"You tried to kill me?"

"It was an antidote. It was to get your memories back. The reason why I did it is because I knew that if you found out what Sulia did you would kill her. I was supposed to be with you when it happened but your mate came in the middle of everything."

Blood. Red. Sulia.

Murderour.

I stared at him. "I know it's a lot to take in but I want to help you take Azrael down." He said. "Please, I was blinded. I was young and naïve. I'm sorry."

He swore on the Moonstone. This was a sign. People swore on the Moonstone to indicate that they're telling the truth. If they ever lied and swore on it then they would be punished by the Moon Goddess.

"If you try anything stupid, I will beat the crap out of you. If you're joining our pack then you will be considered an Omega. Understood?" Zade warned him and I jumped.

Zade... Zade's allowing him into the pack?

"I don't care about titles. Thank you for taking me in." Damon gave one nod. "Thank you, Esra," He turned to me. "For giving me a second chance."

I never said I'd give you a second chance. "No problem." I said, making the venom in my voice clear as possible.