3

After waiting for Kanak the whole evening, Ayaan finally dialled Daksh's number.

" When will she come, Daksh? I have surgery, I will not be available. "

" What.. But she left in the morning..... Wait, I will call her. " Daksh said, his voice mixed with concerns.

" What happened, you seem worried. " Asked Rahul, Ayaan's friend, sitting beside him.

" First this work schedule, then my sister. She came back yesterday. I thought it would be fun having my younger sister around, but I felt like it's not. " Ayaan said, making Rahul chuckle and choke on his water.

" It's okay, my sister is like this too. Once I had a night shift, she brought her whole group and I was so shocked looking at the house condition the next morning. "

" But my sister is cute, let me show you her photo. " Ayaan said, taking out his phone.

After finding her photo, he forwarded his phone towards him. In the photo, Kanak was wearing a long Anarkali suit and had a soft smile on her face. It was taken when she was only twelve when her parents decided to give a visit to India.

" Look, you know it took everything for us to make her wear this long frock suit. She doesn't like these things, but she is looking beautiful, right? " Ayaan said, praising his sister while Rahul nodded with a small smile.

" Say something, why are you so quiet? " Ayaan said, smacking his shoulder.

" Yeah, she is cute. At least she doesn't look like a ghost like my sister. And she seems much younger than my sister. " Rahul said, standing up, but Ayaan stopped him, holding his collar.

" Sit, dude, she isn't twelve anymore. She is nineteen. She is in the second year. Mom made a donation so she can enter the second year directly here too. I don't know why they didn't wait for her to complete her graduation. " Ayaan mumbled and slid to the photo, stopping at a picture of a girl that looked different from the first picture.

Rahul observed the picture, and a frown grew on his face.

In this image, Kanak appeared to be in a serious mood as she stood among her group of friends. Her hair had a distinct shade of blonde, rather than being completely blank. She wore torn jeans that had rips at the knees, and her choice of clothing included an oversized hoodie. Rahul, upon seeing this, made a displeased expression and handed his phone to Ayaan.

"Don't make that face, I know she has changed," Ayaan remarked. "She acts so differently now, and I can't even expect her to behave the same way. It's been a long time, and she seems awkward around us, as if I'm not her brother but a stranger trying to talk to her." Ayaan paused for a moment, not feeling guilty because it wasn't his decision to distance himself from the family. It was their parents who believed it was for the best.

"If I happen to be busy when she arrives, please do me a favor and take her sample to my cabin. I will send it for testing," Ayaan requested. Rahul rolled his eyes and shook his head.

"What will I get in return?" Rahul asked.

"My foot or my shoes on your head," Ayaan responded with a smile.

"If she arrives before me, then that's fine. If not, I will instruct my nurse to take my sister to your cabin. Also, please conduct the regular check-up along with the test," Ayaan instructed, taking a sip of his coffee.

"Yeah, yeah, now let me go," Rahul replied, ready to leave.

RAHUL'S P.O.V

I was wrapping up my work as my working hours had come to an end. I needed to clear my mind with a warm drink and I was longing for the comfort of my bed and home.

Before leaving the room, I made sure to wash my hands properly. However, just as I was about to leave, there was a knock on my door. A nurse entered the room with a young girl, indicating that I had another person to attend to.

"Sir, she is Dr. Ayaan's sister. He asked me to bring her to you if he was busy," the nurse explained. I nodded, gesturing for Kanak to take a seat, which she did.

I observed her appearance. She was wearing a top with an oversized shirt over it, paired with denim pants. Her hair was loosely tied up in a ponytail. Upon closer inspection, I noticed that she looked quite beautiful.

"What kind of test was it? Blood test?" I asked the nurse, realizing that I had forgotten to ask Ayaan this question.

"No, it's a urine test along with a blood test. Sir asked for the sample to be placed in his cabin so that he can personally send it for testing," the nurse informed me. I nodded, handing a small container to Kanak.

"What?" she responded rudely, catching me off guard.

"Give me your sample. The washroom is behind the white door. Go and bring your sample," I instructed, but she simply glared at me.

"Is it really necessary? I don't want to do this disgusting thing," she retorted. I looked at the nurse, who stood there without any reaction.

"Nurse, accompany her and collect her sample," I instructed. The nurse nodded, reaching out to hold Kanak's hand, but she quickly pulled away.

"Don't you dare, freak. And you..." she started to say.

"I will inform your brother if you continue behaving like this," I interrupted. She rolled her eyes and chuckled.

"Do you think I'm scared? Go ahead, take a blood sample if you want, otherwise, I'm going home," she challenged. The nurse looked at me, seeking permission.

I shook my head at the nurse.

"Wait here, I have the paperwork. Daksh said Ayaan would fill it, but since he's not here, you can fill it. I need to submit it to the college tomorrow."

First, bring your sample. Then we will proceed with the other tasks. I observed as she forcefully slammed her hand on the table, causing my eyes to widen. I couldn't understand why she was behaving in such a manner.

"Listen, Mr. I don't know who you think you are, but you cannot intimidate me. So, stop giving me orders about what I should or shouldn't do. If you want me to fill it, fine. If not, I'll do it myself," she retorted, snatching the paper back from my hand.

"My sister is far better behaved than this spoiled brat. At least she knows how to conduct herself in front of others," I silently thought, observing her expression.

"Alright then, you can go home," I said, removing her page from my laptop.

"Wait, at least fill the page," she insisted.

"Miss Kanak, you just said you would fill it on your own," I reminded her. I noticed her troubled expression as her eyes fell upon the container placed on the table.

"If I give you the sample, will you fill it?" she asked, and I nodded in response.

She handed me the paper and entered the washroom with the container. After a few minutes, she emerged from the bathroom and placed the container on the table.

"Here, it's done. Now fill it," she said, placing her hands on her hips and looking at me with a bored expression.

"Let's wait for your brother. I didn't want you to fill it with tap water," I explained, now wrapping up everything.