4

Ayaan stepped into Rahul's office immediately after giving instructions to the nurses overseeing the patient.

"Your sister is being unreasonably rude," Rahul said, glaring at Ayaan.

"No, that can't be. What happened, Kanak? Did you not like something?" Ayaan asked, turning Kanak towards himself.

"Bhaiya, he wants my urine sample."

"Yeah, I told him. What's the issue? Go and collect the sample."

"Bhai, now don't you dare to start. If you want to do it, then do it yourself," she said, as they all looked at her as if she were a ghost.

"Take a nurse with you if that's the case," Rahul said, and she glared towards him.

"I don't mean it. I mean take your sample, not mine," she shouted, leaving Ayaan confused.

"Kanak, are you worried about something? Why are you shouting?" Ayaan said softly, putting his hand on her shoulder. She looked into his eyes before pushing his hand away.

The door opened, and Daksh entered the cabin as well.

"What's going on? You made me worried today. The nurse told me you both are here. Kanak, let's go home, Ayaan," Daksh said, taking Kanak's bag from her hold.

His eyes fell on Ayaan, who was looking at Kanak with hurt-filled eyes.

"What happened?" Daksh asked. Instead of Ayaan, Rahul started telling him everything.

"Kanak, will you behave, or should I just leave you here?"

"Do you think I'm scared?" Kanak said back to Daksh.

"Leave it. Don't do anything. Mom can handle this too. Ayaan, are you ready to go? You go home; I will drop Kanak at Mom's house," Daksh said. Ayaan nodded his head, still looking at Kanak with a hurtful expression.

"Let's go together because of me, you had to stay," Ayaan said to Rahul, leading the way out of his cabin.

"You describe your sister very differently," Rahul asked. Ayaan shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't know. She used to be naughty, but not in this way. She was shouting so much. It's my first time seeing her like this," Ayaan said, dropping Rahul off at his house.

AFTER TWO MONTHS

Kanak was seated with her group, consisting of two boys and two girls around her age.

"Isn't this college incredibly dull?" Kanak inquired as she leaped from her chair.

Her gaze fell upon a girl who appeared timid, quietly packing her bag to head to the next class.

"Would you like to have some fun?" Kanak asked her group, gesturing towards the girl.

"Like ragging?" one of the boys inquired with a smirk. With a nod, they all smirked, and one of the boys went to the door and locked it from the inside.

"Hey, four eyes," Kanak called out to the girl and snatched her glasses. The girl began rubbing her eyes, unable to see clearly.

"Can you return my glasses? I can't see anything," the girl said as they all laughed, and Kanak's smirk widened.

"Why don't you beg for them? I might consider giving them back to you," Kanak's friend remarked. The girl looked down, clutching her dupatta tightly.

"Why are you dressed like a bahan ji? Can't you dress properly? I mean, who wears this attire?" Kanak pointed at the girl's traditional dress.