20

RAHUL'S P.O.V

" Club? Really club? " Mom shot a disapproving look at Simran, who was already in tears. None of us were moved by the scene. I simply sat back and watched the drama unfold.

"Bhaiya said I could go," Simran mumbled.

"You got permission for a party, not a club. You twisted my words, Simi," I interjected sharply. She looked down, pleading with Mom.

"You deceived your brother, so don't expect me to cover for you. Who said you could go to a club? Who?" Mom's voice rise in anger. "And what are you wearing? Why do you look older than your age? Wipe off that makeup and that red lipstick."

Simran shifted uncomfortably before finally speaking up. "I'm going to bed," she whispered softly.

She wants to escape the situation. But did she think about any of this before going to the club? It's a disgusting place, with drunk people dancing and rubbing against each other. I didn't want my sister or even Kanak near that place.

My attention returned to Simran as Mom smacked her on the shoulder. "Go change and stay in your room," Mom ordered. Simran walked off, rubbing her shoulder.

"You're going to talk to her, right? And why did you give her permission for a party, Rahul? If she wants a party, tell her to have it here. I'll handle everything, but she's not going out," Mom said firmly.

"She's growing up, Mom. We can't control her life. I don't mind her hanging out with friends or having a small party at a friend's house. Remember, you never stopped me from doing those things. I just want her to be on the right path, to enjoy her teenage years but not like this," I explained. Mom's proud smile at the end of my sentence was all I needed.

"You're just like your father," she said, kissing my forehead.

"I'll talk to her. You should come too," I suggested. Mom shook her head.

" I don't want to. I can't see them pleading.Your dad always had a tough love approach, He believed in discipline and not letting the kids get away with mischief. But you used to push the boundaries, I don't want to see her crying. I will let her spoil if I can. That's why my husband shouldn't have left this world before me. I can't handle my kids alone "

"I can understand why you don't want to come now. But stop talking nonsense. Go and rest. " I said and moved towards Simran's room and found her sitting on the bed, sulking. She thinks it's not her fault.

"Simi," I called out softly. She looked at me and then turned towards the wall.

"It's not a good time to show your anger. It's completely your fault, understand?" I said little sternly. She turned to me with teary eyes.

"I really wanted to go. If it wasn't good, then why did my friends' parents allow it?" she said, wiping her tears.

"Okay, then let me ask them. I bet they don't even know about the club party," I said, taking out my phone.

"Don't get my friends in trouble," she said immediately. And that tells me they all lied at home.

"What should I do with you?" I said, shaking my head. She looked at me with her teary eyes and then held my hand.

"Nothing, I will not go to the club. I promise. I swear I will never..."

"Okay, okay, don't start crying again. But you will have extra study sessions with me when I'm free. Anytime. And you'll write an essay about things that minors should not do, and if you do these things again then you better remember I have other ways to deal with you too." I mumbled. She smiled and nodded her head.

You're lucky because you were just dancing. If you were with some boy or drinking or anything like that, I don't even know what I would have done.

I walked to my room and opened my message box. Should I message Kanak? Should I ask her where she wants to go?

I was lost in my thoughts when I received a message from Kanak.

"Good night ♡´・ᴗ・'♡"

"It's adorable, I should find something like that too," I thought to myself as I searched for a cute emoji but couldn't find one.

I typed and sent "Night" instead.

I can't wait for tomorrow.

THIRD PERSON'S P.O.V

The next evening, Kanak looked at the dress she was wearing.

Knowing Rahul a little bit, she decided to go for an Indian dress. Finally, she picked up her dupatta from the bed and draped it over one shoulder.

 Finally, she picked up her dupatta from the bed and draped it over one shoulder

"Am I overdressed?" she asked herself, looking at her reflection in the mirror.

Her attention then shifted to her phone, which displayed Rahul's number.

"I'm waiting, come out. It's been half an hour," Rahul said, over the call .

"Half an hour? Wait, I'm coming," she replied and hurriedly ran out of the house.

"How do I look?" she asked after sitting in the car. She gracefully tucked her hair behind her ear and tried to smile the way Roshni bhabhi had taught her.

"Beautiful, let's go," Rahul mumbled and started driving towards their destination.

Rahul drives at the beach food restaurant.

Kanak smiles faded automatically, she looks at Rahul with little irritation.

" I'm clearly over dressed. You should have told me about the place. No one is wearing this fucking dress." She said Rahul placed his hand on her back and pulled her closer.

" You are looking damn beautiful and only this matters. I don't give a damn about other people. You are my date and you look beautiful to me. " He whispered she rolled her eyes and pushed me.

" Keep this sweet word. I will never fall for these. "