13

ROSHNI'S P.O.V

" Baccha, you will be a good girl, right?" I ask Khushi, who's still engrossed in playing with the remote. I really don't want to leave her alone, but I have class today and I can't afford to miss it. Daksh will kill me if I keep skipping my classes.

"You'll be a good girl and won't cry, okay?" I ask again, glancing at my watch. I dial Daksh's number.

"Hey babe," I greeted him.

"When will you come home?" I whine. His chuckle over the call makes me pout.

"Can I skip class?" I asked taking advantage of his happy mood.

"Don't even think about it, understand? I've booked a cab and called the caretaker too."

I pout my lips, even though he can't see me. But he's being sweet.

"Daddy," I try again, but he hangs up on me, giving me his answer.

"I don't want to leave you alone, but sweetheart, your dad and my Daddy want me to attend college," I explain, holding Khushi in my arms as she sucoks her thumb.

I make my way to the kitchen to get Khushi's milk bottle.

"Bhabhi, you..." Kanak says awkwardly, hiding something behind her back. I hope it's not some drug, because Daksh did mention it to me. Not the details, but he did mention it.

"Actually, I accidentally..." She doesn't finish her sentence and shows me Khushi's broken milk bottle.

"It's okay," I say, even though I want to cry. I look at Khushi, who reaches out her grabby hand towards Kanak.

"I'm going to college. The caretaker will be here in a few minutes," I inform her. She looks at me, confused.

"College?"

"Yeah, my classes start today," I reply.

"You're still in college?" she asks, and I pout, knowing why she's asking that.

"I was pregnant when I was eighteen," I explained.  I remember meeting her when I was pregnant during my hometown visit, and then meeting her again when I finally had Khushi.

Her eyes widen, and she nods again.

"I'm sorry. It's just... I didn't know," she mumbles.

"It's okay. We should be friends, but you've been ignoring me like I'm your old grandma," I say, and she chuckles.

" I'm leaving. Take care of khushi untill caretaker arrive. Daksh will also come within an hour. Only I have to stay in college. Why are you on leave. Come with me. At least we share the same college name " I said but leave the house. Khushi eyes turn teary and I hear her crying loudly but putting stone on my heart I left from there.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 

KANAK'S P.O.V

I ended up playing with Khushi for much longer than I had originally planned. She never seems to get tired easily, but eventually sleep takes over her. Just as I was about to relax, the doorbell rang, grabbing our attention. The caretaker glanced at her watch and smiled.

"Looks like my time is up too," she said, tucking her hair behind her ear. Her hair reminded me of my own black hair, but I've never been a fan of the color. Maybe I should dye it brown or wine red. I'll have to think about it.

Shaking my head, I heard the doorbell ring again. I made my way to the door, with the girl following closely behind. Opening the door, I had no idea who to expect. To my surprise, Daksh handed me a bunch of sheets.