8

"I told you to lay down," Rahul said, frustrated.

Kanak responded with an attitude, "So what do you think, I'm just going to stand here?"

Cursing his luck, Rahul pushed her onto the couch.

"Look, I'll press your stomach, and then you can tell him how much it's hurting, okay?" Rahul said, annoyed.

"Can't you just do your work with your mouth shut? Your voice is so irritating," Kanak snapped, glaring at him.

Rolling his eyes, Rahul lifted her t-shirt and began pressing her stomach. She made faces at him at some point.

"So, what did you eat wrong, ma'am?"

"She ate expired cup noodles, but she vomited everything. Give her medicine so her stomach pain stops," her mom shouted from the kitchen, cleaning it.

"Medicine... I should give you a shot like the ones we give to mental patients because I feel like you're one of them," he said, smiling.

"I'm telling you, I'll punch you so hard that you'll have black eyes for days," she threatened, glaring at him.

Suppressing his smile, he put on a stern face.

"I'm serious, turn around."

"Mom!" Kanak called out, her mother walking towards them with her hands on her hips.

"What's the problem, Kanak? I'm cleaning his apartment. Why are you whining and what is it about?"

"Mom, he said he wants to give me a shot."

"But when did I say that? Aunty, I told her I'm giving her pills, but she said she doesn't want anything. She's making false accusations against me," Rahul said, while Kanak looked at him with an open mouth and an irritated expression, wanting to kill him.

"Kanak, who is the doctor here? As far as I know, my daughter doesn't even know what medicine to take for a fever. So don't try to teach him," her mother said, now looking at Rahul. She pulled him away from Kanak.

"I've put her on medication... She's kind of getting addicted to it... So be careful when giving her the medicine... I haven't let Ayaan treat her even once because I have to tell him this if he has to give her medicine. So I hope you won't tell Ayaan," her mom said, leaving Rahul shocked behind.

"Hey, open your mouth," Rahul said, opening a small bottle and pouring some liquid into a small cup.

"What is this?" I asked.

"Just now your mom said to let the doctor do his job and to keep quiet," Rahul replied sternly, clearly losing his patience after hearing about drug.

After giving her medicine he moved towards her mother.

"You can go or keep your friend company, he's probably going to get scolded," she chuckled, shaking her head.

"Don't ever show your face again. I don't want to see you in my brother's house," Kanak shouted.

"Kanak, language," her mother scolded while still cleaning up Ayaan's house.

AYAAN'S P.O.V

Why do I feel like someone is watching me? Maybe it's Kanak, she's in my room. I slowly open my eyes and find Daksh angrily glaring at me.

"Bhaiya, you? When did you come?" I asked.

"This morning, we just finished cleaning your house. It was so good. Even Kanak had some expired noodles because she was hungry," he said, mocking me.

I leave my room and my eyes fall on mom, who is mopping the floor, and Kanak, who is lying on the couch.

Ignoring everything, I look towards the TV table.