18

KANAK'S P.O.V

While I was admiring my hair in the mirror, Rahul's words continued to echo in my mind.

"Is that my daughter? Thank you for doing this, baby," my mom exclaimed, pointing at my hair.

I smiled, knowing she preferred the brown color over my blonde hair.

"I'm just trying to improve myself," I whispered, to which she responded with a bright smile.

"I'm proud of you," She pecked my cheeks.

"I'm heading to the supermarket. Would you like to come with me?" she asked, and I shook my head.

"Just bring some seeds, that's all. Bye," I mumbled, turning back to the mirror.

After my mom left the room quietly, I took out a cigarette from my pocket after five minutes.

"I don't know if I want it or need it, but if I don't smoke right now, I don't know what I'll do."

I lit it up and leaned back in my chair, blowing out the smoke. Suddenly, the door to my room swung open with a loud thud.

I found myself face to face with Ayaan, who snatched the cigarette from me and hugged me.

"How did you get into an accident? And why didn't you wait for me there? You should have stayed with Rahul; he was free," he said, clearly aware that his friend wanted to avoid me.

"Ayaan, am I a bad influence?" I asked.

"You should quit smoking," he replied, ignoring my question. His response confirmed Rahul's opinion. I'm indeed a bad influence.

Was this the reason Daksh always left a caretaker for Khushi when she was alone with me?

Holding back tears, I pushed Ayaan away and out the door.

"At least listen to my answers to your questions. Kanak, you're not a bad influence, but you were in a bad environment. Now You're surrounded by people who know right from wrong, so you can't influence them negatively," he said, cupping my cheeks.

"Really? But what about Roshni bhabhi? Do you think Daksh believes I'm a bad influence on them?" I inquired, some unsettling thoughts creeping into my mind.

"Roshni?" he chuckled, shaking his head.

" She loves to sit comfortably "

Why doesn't Roshni oppose this? I've experienced it and it's really painful. Plus, it's embarrassing too. But I still wonder how Daksh came up with the idea to do this.

"What about Khushi? Daksh always leaves the caretaker for her whenever I'm around and they're not," I said, and I'm sure Daksh doesn't want me to be around his baby.

"Okay, so next time Khushi poops in her pants, be ready to clean it."

I gave him a disgusted look and made a face. He pulled my cheeks and gave me a knowing look.

"You won't be able to do it, right? And do you know how to feed Khushi? She throws a lot of tantrums while eating. And will you be able to stop her from crying? No, right. We all know you won't be able to handle kids, Kanak. You'll get frustrated," he said, and I felt like they knew me better than I knew myself.

I never really thought about it. I just thought we had to play with the kids. He's right, I can't do any of the things he mentioned.

"Stop overthinking. And we all love you. Now show me your wound."

I extended my hand. He looked at the bandages on my elbow and planted a kiss on it.

"Nothing serious, right?"